ICOM IC-440N Install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

bought myself one of these icon units and plan to put the controller on the blank round plate on the passenger side but I'm hoping someone has installed one of these in a D40 with the updated dash and want to know where they installed the actual unit behind the dash?

also I'm pushing the aerial lead thru the little grommet on the passenger side and most likely use the driver side 12v plug for power unless i can push the power leads to the battery thru the same grommet (which seems to small for both) any other suggestions on where i can run power from?

Take the front section of the center console off forward of the gear shift , there's enough room there to park a small truck , don't need to drill holes , just cover one side of the radio on stick on Velcro and put the other half of the Velcro on the trans tunnel

The antenna lead , remove the passengers kick panel and go through the big grommet in the passengers side of the engine bay

Mine is mounted under the passenger side front seat. Used cable ties on the mounting bracket to attach to the seat.

Now it's in and after using it a bit, I wont even bother permanently attaching the mic to the dash. It just rests near the handbrake.

My antenna lead goes through a small grommet on the passenger side firewall. I had already installed wiring for constant power and the route follows the camels arse. My firewall seems different to a lot because there is no grommet that can be used on the drivers side and because it's is an earlier model, there is no point describing the route.

Great radio too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back