I got my new car

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenchie69

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Im a new member so just thought I would share my brand new car.
Just took delivery of my black STX550 and am now getting numerous mods done to make it a nice truck on and off the road.
Previously had a old series 90 Prado which I loved but was getting a bit long in the tooth.
Should get some photos up as soon as it is back from Coastal 4x4
Some stuff Im getting done
2" lift with Airbags, ECB Alloy bar, 20" incubus rims, 275/55/20 procomps, canopy, XGT HID spots & HID headlight upgrade, Alpine Double DIN DVD/GPS with reverse camera, 166l replacement tank, dual batteries
Hope to join a 4X4 club and have some fun in the machine now

Hi frenchie you wont be disappointed with your 550 ,I have one , just wanting to know where you got the long range fuel tank from, is it the same shape as the ones they are fitting to the 2.5 d40s, which ec bull bar did you fit alloy or steel Treeman

Hi Treeman
I got all the work done by Coastal 4x4 in WA. Dave is the owner and has given me really good advice on the Navara. Not sure about it being the same as for the 2.5l but sounded impressive. After buying the car, was disappointed that neither of the 2 big aftermarket bar companies had plans for a bar for the 550. The standard bar doesnt fit because of the front mounted intercooler. After much running around and phone eastern states, ECB and Ironman are the only ones producing a bar. Ironman have not released theirs as yet. I wanted steel but Dave advised the alloy in the ECB bar would be nearly as strong yet much lighter for the front end of 550. Give Dave a call.

Mate who did yhou get the rims and tyres thru? and aprox how much..
I get my 550 next week and as yet no one can tell me what stud pattern the new 550 is...
Those pro comps are great tyres. My boss has them on his landcruiser ute and gets over 100000 k's on them..

Hi everyone.
Im a new member so just thought I would share my brand new car.
Just took delivery of my black STX550 and am now getting numerous mods done to make it a nice truck on and off the road.
Previously had a old series 90 Prado which I loved but was getting a bit long in the tooth.
Should get some photos up as soon as it is back from Coastal 4x4
Some stuff Im getting done
2" lift with Airbags, ECB Alloy bar, 20" incubus rims, 275/55/20 procomps, canopy, XGT HID spots & HID headlight upgrade, Alpine Double DIN DVD/GPS with reverse camera, 166l replacement tank, dual batteries
Hope to join a 4X4 club and have some fun in the machine now

Welcome frenchie, and congratulations on the 550. I know your going to love it.

Very nice list of mod's you've got going on your beast.

I'm a bit worried about the 20" incubus rims, i hope your keeping the original rims (as a spare set) to put off-road tyres on for off-road use so you can let them down for off-road grip, and using the 20" rims for road use so the beast looks cool as ...

Hi Chook
Speak with Scotty at Tech9 tyres in O'connor. His prices are the same as you can get in the Eastern States. There is not a huge selection of rims for the D40. The 550 has the same stud pattern as the old D40 114x6 I think. Tell him Geoff recommended you and he will look after you

Thanks for you concern Woody but have done a lot of research into the 20's. The sidewall is almost exactly the same as the orinial tyres as the 275/55/20 are a fraction larger than than a 32" tyre (Original tyres are a 29.5"). One of the reasons why I did the 2" lift. Would have loved to have gone to a 33" but that would have meant body lift etc and I dont want to change the centre of gravity that much

car sounds awesome but i think he's more referring to the amount of sidewall rather than the overall diameter, smaller sidewall means less 'bagging' and flex off road, a 55 profile is pretty thin for a tyre that's going to be used off road, but then everyone is different!

Latest posts

Back