how to cut down mudflaps?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derp22

Reaction score
just fitted some 32" tyres but they scrub
on the mudguards on half lock, what is the best method of cutting
them down? thanks

How hard is it scrubbing? If its just the mudflap, they're easy to trim. But you may find it's not just the mudflaps. Sometimes it's scrubs through the plastic and you may have to bash in or trim the actual guards them selves. Also, are you using standard rims ?

nah im using 16x7 sunnies. it scrubs worse and worse the more you turn, i believe it hasnt scrubbed on the plastic itself yet, i took it offroad yesterday and i dont think it did... whats the best tool for cutting them down? id rather do them on the car cheers

the mudflap is easy to get off with wheel at full lock in other direction, just mark what you want to remove and trim with hacksaw off vehicle.

ahh i took both mudflaps off and no problems, i think there would be a legality issue with no mud flaps? am i correct?

I only used my gut hook and it worked perfectly.
A Stanley knife would suffice

I only used my gut hook and it worked perfectly.
A Stanley knife would suffice

I used a stanley knife and it cut through the mud flaps like butter. Still scrubbed though no matter how much i trimmed so in the end I just took them off.

Latest posts

Back