Lift fitting but hitting where to cut?.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reece

Reaction score
I've just installed 50mm spacers on the front (that was fun ) and noticed when it's fully extended the top arm hits onto the top of shock tower.
It also came with upper control arm bump stops but I cant see where they would go as only have one on the bottom arm if anyone could help and tell me where it goes would be great.
I have heard that people have cut them down and was wondering how much to cut and if people have pictures of it so I can see.

Last edited:
Did you have any trouble in finding a place to press the old ones out and new ones in.
No I didn't have any problem finding someone because I only had to look in the mirror! I bought a universal ball joint removal kit on eBay for $65 and did the job myself.

It was quick and not technically difficult and apart from the removal kit only standard hand tools are required.

I made a short video to share the knowledge and hopefully give people the confidence to have crack themselves :)

You don't say if you have a Spanish or Thailand D40. They're different. The Spanish upper control arm BJ's are pressed in from the bottom compared to the Thai pressing in from the top ... so make sure you purchase the correct parts. They're also different diameters.

No I didn't have any problem finding someone because I only had to look in the mirror! I bought a universal ball joint removal kit on eBay for $65 and did the job myself.

It was quick and not technically difficult and apart from the removal kit only standard hand tools are required.

I made a short video to share the knowledge and hopefully give people the confidence to have crack themselves :)

You don't say if you have a Spanish or Thailand D40. They're different. The Spanish upper control arm BJ's are pressed in from the bottom compared to the Thai pressing in from the top ... so make sure you purchase the correct parts. They're also different diameters.

Thanks makes things a lot easier.

Hi I just did same thing to my 2010 Thai built d40 I added the 25mm extended upper ball joints and no hitting or fouling anywhere no bump stops fitted and couldn’t see where to fit them anywhere either. upper ball joints came out easy with cheap remover from eBay just tap around with a bit of pressure and out they came no problems!

Latest posts

Back