Hi to all

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

09 STR

Reaction score
Well just introducing myself.I've just bought a Black and silver 2009 Str dualcab.Pretty happy with mostly everything.Its the first 4wd i've owned and after my previous rides all being v8 and turbo 6's it is taking a bit of getting used to.LOL.I did like how long i drove around on the 1/4 tank the scabby dealer left me with though.
I had always liked the look of the d22's since the STR's came out and since i need a ute and something to cart the family around in i figured they were pretty good value for money and a proven machine as not alot has changed on them and don't have as much electrical BS to play up in the long run.
Which leads me to my problem.CHILD RESTRAINTS!!!!!
TJM have fit the anchor point kit and blue plated it but what bloody seats do they work with.I know one of the seats i've bought which is a booster convertor style doesn't work as i run out of adjustment on the tether strap before it pulls snug.Same with the baby capsule.
If any ones used the same set up succesfully i'd love to hear about what seats and capsules you's are running.
Cheers Michael

Hi Michael, welcome to the forum.

Sorry, can't help you with the seats, I stopped having to use them years ago.

Welcome mate.

Cant help with the child restraints as I dont have kids.

Goodluck with the Nav.

Dave.

i use a safe and sound convertable one, model is premier i think. fits ok thought the rear strap thing is as short as possible ie straight across between points to hold it firm.

Welcome mate.

Cant help with the child restraints as I dont have kids.

Goodluck with the Nav.

Dave.

maybe you can have kids with the lady that did your springs.... right after you tell her to get f**ked on tuesday haha

welcome 09 STR, a friend of mine bought a D22 new last year and had seat restraints fitted by the dealer. perhaps if you head in to a nissan dealer they can give you a heads up on what works. good luck.

Cheers for the replies guys.Going to give it another crack tomorrow with the other seat out of the other car.See how that goes.I still can't believe how any car manufacturer can get away with not not having to have them in there from factory.Commercial vehicle or not!

welcome 09 STR, a friend of mine bought a D22 new last year and had seat restraints fitted by the dealer. perhaps if you head in to a nissan dealer they can give you a heads up on what works. good luck.

Yeah i should have tried to get em to throw it into the sale.

yeah mate, its not like that are an expensive part... must be less testing they need to do or something

Latest posts

Back