Hi from Adelaide

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simsy

Reaction score
Hi guys Ive had my Navara for about 5 years now and only just found this forum I guess im a little slow. Anyway I have a D22 with a custum 3inch stainless exhaust that my son made for me and a chip so the old girl goes ok. Most of my offrad time is spent on the dunes or the beach so yeah I like my fishing. As it turns out I managed to score a free rollbar and am trying to work out if I can mod it to use as a rear bar so I can hang a decent awning and a few more fishing rods off it. So if anybody has done this some info would be a big help.

Cheers
Paul

Welcome to the forum, Paul!

If you take a peek in my garage, you'll notice that I've got a full canopy, so can't help with the bar issue or even fishing stuff.

I'm just playing welcome mat for the time being. Hope you enjoy the site!

Welcome Paul, hope you get what your after. Nice to see another Adelaide member too.

Welcome simsy

What sort of rollbar did you score. If you're talking about the same "sports bar" they stick on the front of the tub then mounting to the rear of the tub is going to be a bit different to the front of the tub but probably not impossible. If it's a rear ladder bar they are made to mount on the rear so they should be a direct bolt on item, but I believe rear ladder racks bolt onto the floor of the tub as opposed to the front bar mounting on the top of the tub.

Like Tony I've got a canopy which hides all my fishing gear when needed and I'm looking into making some racks to mount the rods off the internal roof line but thats another job in the "when I get around to it" basket.

In years previous we've made ladder racks suitable for 12 foot cane rods and awnings but they have been made to suit the parts at the time and were fitted to Cruisers after we made the tray. Haven't needed to look into it for the Nav but I'd assume the theory and principle would be fairly similar just the fitment would be different. If you're buying a premade awning and not getting one fitted to your requirements then I'd reckon your best bet is to choose that first and get all the dimensions then look into the best way to fit it to the Nav.

I have seen a Navara around Adelaide with the front sports bar on the back as well.It looks good. So it can be done.

Funny that I was just outside trying to figger out how to do it. The bar I got is just the orig sports bar anyway I turned it around to sit ot on the back and your right it looks good. All I need to do is trim about 5-10mm off the angled legs to straighten it up and then I plan on welding 2 bars at the top from front to back. I know this a a bit of a hard way of doing it but I dont want to lose the ute by having a permenat canopy or a hard lid.

Latest posts

Back