hi all!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d22str

Reaction score
hey there, been lurking for a week or so untill my brand new D22 ST-R arrived (traded my 2004 xr6 turbo), now that it HAS i figured i would make myself known!

My name is Nathan O'Brien, i am 30 years old, married to the most beautifull chick in oz (see profile pic lol) and i have a daughter (5 yeras old.)

I am the spares / accessorys manager at Singleton 4WD and have been for almost two years i have 12 years spares experience 8 of which were with our local nissan / ford dealership. We decided to get rid of the turbo and get a 4X4 so we could start exploring a little more of this awesome land of ours, on top of this i want to buy a boat, so a 4X4 was the obvious choice for us.

We picked her up on saturday 1st august, its a july 2009 plate black beauty lol, was pretty well stock from the dealership other than a tonneau cover (wanted a hard lid but cant seem to locate one for the longer tub yet) and a towbar. I twisted the dealers arm and he threw in a genuine keyless entry kit into the deal for zip however i was to fit it and having an auto electrician as a father and watching him do stuff over the last 30 years i have picked up a thing or two lol.

We brought it home and i immediately went to work fitting the tjm T15 polished alloy bar i got thru work and finished it off with a pair of lightforce 240XGT's. I then fitted my keyless entry kit. Today the wheels were fitted (performance "storm" 16 x 8, 0 offset) but retained the stock tyres for now to keep costs down.

Once i am ready i rekon ill fit a set of 265/75-16 mickey thompson ATZ's just not sure whether to go 4 or 5 rib yet later this week i will fit Dobinsons front and rear shocks, front torsion bars, and im goin to leave the rear leaves alone but i will fit a set of airbag man firestone bellows type airbags, thats generally the combination we do for navaras and hiluxes at the shop so we can get desired lift in the rear without comprimising ride comfort.

In coming weeks i will do something about the stereo (love to see pics of what other guys have done!) and i will get the windows tinted.

i have attached a pic of how she looks as of about 5.10pm this afternoon.

Attachments

• our rig1.jpg
    our rig1.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 29,305
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, I know the shop where you manage. Know one of the fitters there aswell. Was only talking to Trent about 2 weeks ago.

You would also know Troy B aswell, use to be a mechanic at Sutton's. Now working at Wambo I think, haven't seen him for a while. I know him through his GF's brother who is a good mate of mine.

Looks like your doing well, Mrs looks pretty good as does the ute.

Dave.

Hi Nathan, welcome to the forum.

I'm sure your experience will come in handy around here. How hard was the keyless entry to fit and what components were involved?

Hi jason, keyless entry was pretty basic to fit, came with full harness, lock actuator for drivers door, control module and even down to cable tie's! was relatively simple to install i will post a step by step in the next couple of days if anyone is interested, Bullwinkle, i thought so too!!! i pained over what wheels to fit for over a week finally setteling on the storm's and im soooooooo happy with my final decision!!

Back