Heavy duty drag link

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottybobcat

2014 muster sponsor
Reaction score
Has anybody bought a drag link from snake racing and are they heavy duty.
Superior engineerings ones are just a stock replacement one.
The bushes keep flogging out in mine so looking at upgrading draglink,tierod adjusters and idler arm and brace.
I would like to hear from anybody that has done what I want to do and did it make any differnce.
Cheers Scotty

Hey mate. I emailed snake about them and the response I got made them sound like a standard draglink. The only heavy duty one I could find was calming steering system. Emailed them but they won't have a right hand drive ones ready until the end of the year. I have since read the calmini ones were still wearing out the bushes. I'm about to buy the snake racing heavy duty idler arm, but drag link I'm still searching. Let us know if you find anything.

Pete

Iv just fitted a Snake Roc Rod HD Drag link, so far only highway use but I can definatly tell the difference between the old one (must have been bent a while!) It seems to be much more HD then stock, but only time will tell. Il west coast of tassie test it!!!!

Iv just fitted a Snake Roc Rod HD Drag link, so far only highway use but I can definatly tell the difference between the old one (must have been bent a while!) It seems to be much more HD then stock, but only time will tell. Il west coast of tassie test it!!!!

Should post some photos mate. Keen to see it.

Cheers Pete

Has anybody bought a drag link from snake racing and are they heavy duty.
Superior engineerings ones are just a stock replacement one.
The bushes keep flogging out in mine so looking at upgrading draglink,tierod adjusters and idler arm and brace.
I would like to hear from anybody that has done what I want to do and did it make any differnce.
Cheers Scotty

all that is also on my list of stuff to do! my steering is so sloppy.

I know the superior engineering drag link is standard size but each end has a grease nipple- at least you can service it. Be good to see how much bigger the snake drag link is. It's nearly twice the cost?

I'm pretty certain Bryce did a full kit up front and it all looked pretty beefy. Unsure what brand it was but may be worth giving him a buzz for details

All my gear was 'wasp' branded. They make good parts for cars so i thought i would get the bits for the 4wd. But there are no grease nipples on anything so not the greatest gear around. And i got the hd tie rods from supierior.

I just welded a bit of Angle bar to my factory draglink to stop it from being able to bend. Did the trick while it was in there and only cost a few dollars..

Hey Josh can you take a pic of where u welded the angle im having the same issues im currently sitting outside the store to get a new drag link before i drive to the snow today and this is my second one so if i could prevent this it would be good

ah there would be one in my build up thread near the start. But I just sat the drag link in the Right angle and stitched it on. Had the point of the right angle facing to the back of the car.

Hey mate. I emailed snake about them and the response I got made them sound like a standard draglink. The only heavy duty one I could find was calming steering system. Emailed them but they won't have a right hand drive ones ready until the end of the year. I have since read the calmini ones were still wearing out the bushes. I'm about to buy the snake racing heavy duty idler arm, but drag link I'm still searching. Let us know if you find anything.

Pete

That's good to hear about the Calmini kit. Last time I contacted them they didn't sound as if they were going to do a RHD kit again. So good news.

Latest posts

Back