headlight hid conversion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mb_84

Reaction score
hi guys this may be a stupid question but i am looking at putting a hid kit in and i know the nav takes h4 globes and correct me if im wrong but they have 2 part filament for hi and low beam?? so my question is hid have only one filament so how does hi beam work with this or do you lose high beam altogther?

my high seems to work as well... although there is sweet F A difference between low and high, i still blind ppl and get flashed all the time with just lows on lol

The most common ones have the "filament" slide in and out for high and low beam, hence why there's not much difference in them. To do it properly you really need to fit a projector kit into them, which obviously costs a lot more, but it is a lot better light...

There not projector HIDs. All they are is a very cheap copy. There that badly built they cant even be converted to HID. The Navara ones are some of the worst on ebay.

There just a molded bit of plastic at the back there is no projector or solenoid activated cut off shield. These lights are what gives projector HID a bad rap on this forum. People buy these and think that's what a projector looks like. lol

Cheers Mick

They're all shit unless you fit projector lights. That is the only way to benefit from hids over normal headlights

FFS don't use em.
It SFA real benefit to you and dangerous for oncoming traffic blinded by the scattered light without the projector's.

Ive got the narva plus 120's i didnt think the difference was worth the price i paid for them, i only noticed a small increase in output, needless to say i was dissappointed.
My ebay 55w HID spottys are awesome though

I have done HID conversion.
And I am very unhappy with it.low beam is great!
Hi Beam is absolute shit.
Lucky I have a 50 inch lightbar on the roof to take up the shortfall, otherwise I would throw them in the bin.

image-879148487.jpg

Cheers lads

'I LIKE TO CUSTOMISE,'WHAT MORE CAN I SAY'

HID is not designed to be fitted to your reflectors so it will always be average at best unless done properly.

Cheers Mick

Hi fellas ive got the xenon hid hi-lo
6000k bulbs i absolutley love them..not much between hi and low but great light just the same

Good for you.

Don't be surprised if oncoming traffic suddenly comes into your lane because THEY CAN'T see.

I have HID in my d40. Been in for about a month and I love them light is heaps better then halogens (alao had them in my ve ss after spending 110 on expensive halogens which were absolute rubish for their price). I have mine angled down havnt been flashed once by oncoming cars. Alot of people on here hate them for some reason but do it mate u will not regret it I wonder how I drove with shitty halogens before.

Do it.....by all means.
Do it right.....no problems.

Really, what can it cost to do it properly?
Would you half do your tyres, suspension, etc?

Do it.....by all means.
Do it right.....no problems.

Really, what can it cost to do it properly?
Would you half do your tyres, suspension, etc?
So true. You use cheap crap if blinds oncoming traffic, the ballasts fail in 12 months if the bulbs don't go first, they get stuck on high beam which is the most common thing I here.

I have full bolt in kits for $350 which can be fitted to all Navaras and even the higher end projector kits are only $445 and can be fitted in a day. The high beams are light spot lights. lol

Back