QD32 fuel problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrysto

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I’m new here and I’ve got some questions. So I’ve got a 97 d22 Nav and I’m having problems with it not starting, about a month ago it randomly lost all power and cut off on me like it ran out of fuel, I was able to get RACQ to get it started again but they didn’t really explain what was wrong, and from then it would start some days and then not at all on others. I recently changed the fuel filter and it’s been running fine until yesterday when it wouldn’t start again, when I prime it, it either doesn’t get pressure at all or it builds pressure and loses it as soon as it starts to turn over. I’m assuming it’s got an air leak of some sort, but was wondering if anyone knows if they have a second fuel filter, like an intake filter from the tank?

Some people fit second filters and even water traps. Every component added brings additional risk of leaks.

One thing you could try: overprime the fuel system. It should pressurise the system enough so that fuel starts to come out of the leak. On mine - slight crack in the hose from the tank - it took quite a few pumps to get it to leak, but it did and we just replaced that section of hose.

Losing pressure as the engine turns over is expected. The fuel pump is sucking fuel in and it's quite good at it.

I wonder if your car has the Bosch VP44 fuel pump? It's been an issue for quite a few owners in the past, and may just be a small component on the circuit board on the pump.

I wonder if your car has the Bosch VP44 fuel pump?
no. they where not made back then.
the qd32ti in the terrano was efi pump (not vp44), but navara td27/qd32 had mechanical injection pump.

if anyone knows if they have a second fuel filter,

check under the fuel inlet of the injection pump. earlier pumps had a fuel screen hidden in some of them, i cannot remember if the later ones did as well. those screens where known to block up starving it of fuel.

Latest posts

Back