Heading to Fraser

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey happy, why the busted radiators? sand forced through them?

The bypass had heaps of washouts that the fine sand had blown back over, cause of the speed needed to get through the soft stuff a few had bottomed out, as the radiator has no protection it has copped a hard whack and damaged it.

Jesus Christ that is a lot of breakdowns and bogs. Last couple of times I have been I have hardly seen a bogged car.

The trouble is Alex it's so bloody dry the sand was like talc powder, also there has been lots of wind that compounds the problem. Those bloody busses churn up the inland tracks too, as we are no into the holidays they are everywhere.

Yeah guess so we have had a bit if rain recently which is odd. I live in Hervey bay so I am constantly going to the island haha

Yep I had an issue that could of been bad, I filled the tanks with 40lts of fuel and placed the cap on the slider. My daughter distracted me and I forgot to replace it. 1 hour later after soft sand and deep water I relised my fork up. Nothing got in I got a 2 buck cap ,with gaffa tape around it and retraced my steps and found the cap thank goodness.

I was suprised the filter sock on the Safari ram was full of sand every day, I normaly only use it in the scrub. I guess following all the cars it floats around but it amazed me how much it helped the air filter out.

Latest posts

Back