have u ever been pulled over?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navdog_d40

Reaction score
hey guys i want to run 33's on my d40 they look good and i want it for offroad ... can i make the tires legal??with a cert or something or do i just have to keep dodging the vicroads and police ?? also what would be the fine for something like that ??

cheers

hey guys i want to run 33's on my d40 they look good and i want it for offroad ... can i make the tires legal??with a cert or something or do i just have to keep dodging the vicroads and police ?? also what would be the fine for something like that ??

cheers[/QUOT
HTML:
my mate runs 33s ,2ich body and 2inch suspension in melbourne 33s 2inch lift and body lift jus make the navara look normal sized they dont look out of control vic roads has got enough trucks to worry about u have to be one seriously unlucky bloke to be pulled over by them, highway patrol would be your only worry and even then u would have to be driving like a W&^*ker to get there attention.My nav currently sits level with a patrol on 33 with 2 inch suspension.i dont no about tire engineering but the body lifts are illegal but as i said to u in the other thread u started as it takes about 30 mins to remove the bodylift if u get caught with it,and 20mins to swap the tires out as long as u keep ur mods bolt on and not hard to remove if u did get that yellow sticker u will be right.

its just the game we play being 4 wheel drivers
can2a.jpg

By boxy525 at 2012-03-24
dsc0008zk.jpg

By boxy525 at 2012-01-23
boxy

if it was up to me i would do the1'' body lift as well but the moving of the bull bar and the other things put me off ...
also if i get pulled over with 33's and then they defect my car if i get caught with them again am i at risk of getting the car impounded .

the only reason it has me thinking when i went away over Easter there was cops everywhere and thats the last thing u want when your going away i guess .

The other thing to think of is that if the rubber is in fact not legal then your insurance could be canned.
Plus if there is the risk of it being confiscated well yeah thats too much of a risk .
The way the fun police are its easier staying legal. Maybe an Engineer will pass your setup.
I had mine all engineered and even though its not legal apparently in NSW it wouldnt be worth defecting it seeing its 100% legal in the ACT.Already been threatened twice by NSW highway patrol and I told them go ahead defect it and Ill see you in court.
The fact different states can have different rules n regs is retarded.

if it was up to me i would do the1'' body lift as well but the moving of the bull bar and the other things put me off ...
also if i get pulled over with 33's and then they defect my car if i get caught with them again am i at risk of getting the car impounded .

the only reason it has me thinking when i went away over Easter there was cops everywhere and thats the last thing u want when your going away i guess .

i dont think ur at risk of getting the car impounded ive never heard of any car getting impounded just for a canary ,depending on how ur bullbar is mounted it may be as simple as moving it up a bolt hole for example with my bullbar mount hole are exactly 60mm apart i move them up one and welded a plate at the top with a bolt hole,briggo on here has 265's and a 2inch lift thats ur other option he goes every where we go excpet with a tad more scraping end of the day its just how u pilot it

i dont think ur at risk of getting the car impounded ive never heard of any car getting impounded just for a canary ,depending on how ur bullbar is mounted it may be as simple as moving it up a bolt hole for example with my bullbar mount hole are exactly 60mm apart i move them up one and welded a plate at the top with a bolt hole,briggo on here has 265's and a 2inch lift thats ur other option he goes every where we go excpet with a tad more scraping end of the day its just how u pilot it

run 31" and just use more right foot to compensate for lose of diff clearence.

It was just on $800 frommemory but that was 3 seperrate bills type deal
I will hunt up the paperwork but it was
1 for wheels/tyres
1 for the Adjustable Coilovers
1 for the Upper Control Arms

so for wheels along would be around the $250 mark Im guessing
But that means I have no issues from Rego or Insurance with insurance being the biggy

that's not bad i guess, just wish it meant that the police couldn't anything ....
iv been waiting on this monster rides lift kit they are bringing out but with that much lift im thinking im going to get done ..then i was thinking ill get the cert for it but u will still have cops pissing you around ..

i want the monster rides 3-4'' lift kit with 33's but now im thinking 2'' with 33's but we should be able to do what we want with in reason .

Cops cant do squat
just means you have to keep an eye on all your lights etc to make sure everything is working. But once you have it engineered etc then they cant touch you
I just have to keep the docco with me and if they ask you just produce it .

The cops are not as likely to pill you over just for the bigger tyres - they might if you do something else wrong, particularly driving like a hoon - but failing to stop at a stop sign, or not indicating to turn etc could have you pulled over and then they might poke around a little more, depending on their mood.

I think Aussie has highlighted the greater risk - insurance. We have heard of people who have been hit by other vehicles (and not at fault) having their claims rejected because the vehicle is unroadworthy. Check your insurance, you'll find that you are required to maintain the vehicle in a roadworthy condition.

On the other hand, we've also heard people with several "issues" have their claims accepted. It's a grey area!

For my money, since my luck doesn't extend beyond being able to cheat at Solitaire (with real cards), I do things by the book - you can be sure I'll be the one that gets his claim denied because of some minor thing that makes the vehicle unroadworthy.

so if i get the monster rides lift kit i will have to get a cert for it coz its not a 2 seconds job of taking it out of course ???

can u even get a cert for a lift like 3''+ on a navara ?? iv herd alot of people wanting the kit from monster rides but u cant just take it out if u get busted and go get your car cleared like wheels ..

sorry im been a bit fussy about the subject just trying to find answers before i go spending money

Cops on trail bikes where handing out unroadworthys up in the High Country last time I was up there(Laborday long weekend) We spoke to a guy that got done for his 35" tyres on his Defender which had broken down, so it wasn't a good weekend for him.

I reckon they would have run out of tickets by the end of the weekend with the amount of modified trucks up there.

According to the NCOP you can go up as far as 150mm and still be able to get it Engineered. However check with your state rego bods. If you stay within their rules your free and clear
thanks mate im in vic so if u know or hear anything let me know cheers

To answer the topic question, the answer is now Yes, but not for something like illegal mods.

On the 23rd April, just 5 kms from home after 19 days and 4,269.7 kms on the road, I got the christmas lights and ticket for $530 (NSW) for towing an unregistered trailer. WTF.

Seems the rego had run out on the 28th of last month. The Boss is really pissed as it is in her name and absolutely no paper work was received from the RTA until well after( a reminder) when we were on the road.

The reason I got pinged was auto plate recognition fitted to a highway patrol car parked on the side of the highway.

<mutter, mutter, mutter>

Latest posts

Back