G'day there!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozpacman

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a quick note to introduce myself.

I am looking to buy an '05 to '07 Navara D22 4x4 diesel. I have heard all sorts of horror stories re the Patrol 3.0 litre engines. Does the Navara run that same engine and are these year models prone to any particular engine problems?

Thanks in advance,

Russ

the navara uses the same basic engine as the patrol and did suffer the same problems. however the navara doesn't run as much power, has different turbo and less electronics. which is generally is what still causes the problems on the patrols.

the early motors pre-03 had the problems with pistons. '05-'07 are fine. with a few minor mods they should be a fairly reliable engine.

the navara uses the same basic engine as the patrol and did suffer the same problems. however the navara doesn't run as much power, has different turbo and less electronics. which is generally is what still causes the problems on the patrols.

the early motors pre-03 had the problems with pistons. '05-'07 are fine. with a few minor mods they should be a fairly reliable engine.

2000-2001 are the main ZD30's to avoid, the others I wouldn't woryy to much about.

Just get as new as you can afford.

Dave.

Thanks for your replies fellas.

Yes I'm looking at 05 to 07 as that's the price range I can afford. It won't be used for serious off-roading. I live on a reasonably slopey acerage block in far north Qld and I just need something with a 4WD capacity for the traction aspect.

It'll cop most use commuting to and from work really and I'm after just the base model single cab because I need the bigger tray and the option of putting mum and the boy in the front as well.

I wasn't being brand specific and was prepared to look at them all. The Navara seems to be a good all round package and certainly looks to have the numbers for a good towing rig as well. The base model actually ticks all the boxes for what I need so that works out well.

Cheers,

Russ

Latest posts

Back