G'day from Gippsland

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KraftyPg

Greetings all,
Been lurking around for a few months now while the purchase of my new D40 took shape. Read a lot of info here regarding the Nav and it's bits and pieces and am sure many parts of this forum will come in handy.
My only bad experience so far is with a certain Nissan dealer spread throughout Gippsland who has to be the most arrogant prick with the least knowledge about sales that I've ever come across, but thankfully where he failed another dealer 40 mins away was able to pick up the pieces.
Having thrashed other 4WD's in the bush over the past 10 years the Nav's purely to ship the family (and the wife's junk) around when we hit the road for our holidays.
Not planning many off road mods but the usual things like driving lights, canopies, CB's, fridges etc are all planned, in the process of being fitted or fitted already.
Now if only the Nav came standard with the Ambient Temp Sensor, (I kind of got used to that in my old car in way out places like Central Aust), then again I guess I could always visit my annoying local dealer and take one of his Pathfinder's for a test drive since they have them fitted.
Anyway good forum with lots of great info, a credit to its members. If any one needs a web designer or PC advice send me a message
Cheers
Krafty

Thanks

Lucky you weren't there last weekend, from the accounts I heard the back streets were flooded again. Not sure how bad the flooding was this time around but it wasn't as bad as last year. Nice place down that way, spent many a day fishing down the lakes.

My parents still live there, up on the hill at Kalimna so nice and safe.

I haven't lived there for over 20 years.

Gawd they must love the sound of the trucks hitting the top of that hill on the jake. Bugger of a hill for the unprepared, we nearly lost 28 tonne of cow tucker coming down that hill into Lakes about 15 years ago when the gear linkage snapped between the box and the stick.
I'll think of your parents next time before I get to that hill and slow down accordingly.

Ohhh, I was wondering why you're a Storm supporter.

Welcome along Krafty.

Thanks again

I did a 2 year stint working in Sydney from Dec 99, I got one hell of a reception moving up there with my storm gear after their first year in the comp. Still Sydney siders got over it...eventually.

Bugger of a hill for the unprepared, we nearly lost 28 tonne of cow tucker coming down that hill into Lakes about 15 years ago when the gear linkage snapped between the box and the stick.

I can't think of a better way to ruin a good pair of pants.

With the stink of that damn cow tucker when ever the truck stopped and the breeze caught up, you'd nearly be thankful for the ruined pants.

Latest posts

Back