G'day fellas

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StockAppy

Reaction score
Howdy, just bought myself a 2004 s2 d22 turbo diesel manual to tow around the dingo/kanga. bricksaw etc during the week and to tow the misses horses interstate for horse shows on weekends.
havent picked her up yet but im excited. have test driven lots in Adelaide and like them a lot for what im gonna be using it for.

just a couple of questions, when towing heavy loads, (close to the max tow capacity do you guys use 4x4 mode to even the load between differentials or do you find that chews too much diesel and its just not worth it?

Also, i have been looking heavily into the gas/diesel injection (threads on this forum and websites)

have had some mixed reviews, is it true after quite a many kms ie 80k the engines give up with the gas/diesel injection?

Will also be investing in a auscruise fly by wire cruise control setup.

any recommendations aimed more so at the Navara d22 for towing at roughly its max tow capacity @ 100k/hr interstate etc im more than happy to have a read and take it on board, thankyou :)

Welcome to the forum StockAppy.
To answer your first question:- Have a read of the operators manual when you get your vehicle and you'll find that it says that you should not use 4x4 on a paved road because of the 'wind up' that will happen in your differentials. This can result in a very costly repair exercise. The 4x4 system used in the Navara is very much different to the system used in the constant 4 wheel drive vehicles.

thats an interesting point with the wind up, i have heard about it, have never seen the damage it can cause, but was also wondering why the 4x4 gets a larger tow capacity than a 4x2 if they say not to tow in 4x4 mode..

thanks for the tip :)

Latest posts

Back