Fuel economy and "run in tecniques"

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevespatrol

Reaction score
I have noticed some blokes are getting great economy and others not so good.
Does this come down to how you guys ran them in??
Flogged them or babied them??:devil:

It probably comes down to many many many different things, I wouldn't say I babied mine but then I also drive it differently to most people. Fuel economy is effected by so many different things from the mods made to the right foot and it's hard to exactly compare one ute to another on the net.

I took mine gently, no need to pound the accelerator through the floor, it'll just waste fuel.

My car weighs about 2.5T, a little over the standard 1980kg that it was when it arrived from Spain. All the goodies add up, and the result is increased fuel consumption.

I'm happy with mine, the 1980kg vehicle is supposed to get 10.5LPH and I'm getting 11.01LPHK. I should be getting mid 12s at least.

Pigs in mud aren't as pleased as I am with that.

Mine seems to go better after a decent run on the highway/freeway and/or up and down mtns. The fuel economy seems to get better after as well.

For petrols, once the cam is run in and your confident everything ok, then you try to drive it at varying throtle, ie don't cruise, to bed the rings in.

I don't believe in" running in", as far as I concerned as soon as an engine is started it's wearing out. Bed the rings then give it plenty.

When i worked for john deere all tractors sold had to go on the dyno for at least an hour of hard work before they went out. Think about it also does a new truck owner get told oh sorry mate for the first couple thousand k's you cant tow a trailer. Drive it like you would any other day of the week from new

When i worked for john deere all tractors sold had to go on the dyno for at least an hour of hard work before they went out. Think about it also does a new truck owner get told oh sorry mate for the first couple thousand k's you cant tow a trailer. Drive it like you would any other day of the week from new

I agree :cheers!:

Back