Fuel consumption.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah dont forget the YD25 in the D40 is geared higher, so will do lower revs at 100.

A 6th gear would be nice at times.

I forget so many things I don't know why you ask me not to forget things.

Towing for me isn't a huge thing, I do tow the cattle trailer occasionally but most of the time cattle movements are done by truck so in general the Nav only has to drag 6x8 (or thereabouts) box trailers around, we can get over a tonne in our box trailer but it's not often we do that so with such light loads my Nav's economy is barely effected and I like it that way.

ran injector cleaner through the ute two tanks ago and must have ben gummed up as it made it run really rough for a while even stalling at idle, however about 150kms into tank improved and have noticed a vast improvement in fuel use. gone from around 14L/100km to just over 10.7L/100km in 3 tanks fills. got a snorkel on the way as well so hopefully will keep up with the improvements. on the towing front it seems pretty good, have been feeding hay on farm and have been towing 4 ton plus the trailer so at least 4 1/2 tonne and it sees to do around 13 - 13.5 roughly speaking. try not to tow that much too often, she struggles a bit getting going. thank god for airbags!!

Big difference mate.

Put the injector cleaner in and then load it up.

What model you got ?

yeah massive difference, have been a little lighter with the accelerator too on the longer drives. its a 2008 2.5cr. will work well because after filling it up next got a lot of trailer work to do towing up to 4 1/2 ton so will give it a good work out. running the same tyres as yourself, the mtz's i have found very good. im a farmer and its been a boggy time and have not been bogged once. got a 1999 model 3.2 nav cab chas as farm ute also and its got firestone firehawks and have been bogged a few times now.
ill let you know how it goes with the towing and injector cleaner, cheers

Hold onto to that 3.2L Nav. Although I love my ZD30, those 3.2's are one of the best motors ever built. Far from advanced, just very very reliable.

So D22 or D40 the 2008 model ? 14L/100km's can be average for a Thai built auto King cab. Certainly not for a D22 motor though as its alot lighter and not as powerful.

d22 str. was pretty good on the fuel but has gradually been getting worse till the peak of 14L/100. have been having a lot more success with the milage as i said with the injector cleaner. after having it for six months i got the beaudesert exhaust and dump pipe which made a fair difference in power and a little in fuel savings. thinking of doing the egr mod as well. hope to have a snorkel fitted soon also.
the 3.2 is a keeper for sure, only done 95od kms but has been very hard kms. been pulling a grain feeder and general farm stuff all its life. would love to have had a urbo on it not for speed just to give it some towing grunt. i think it will be on the farm till it dies. the only issues we have had with it are the electrics with the lights, at the moment its only got headlights and brake lights, no blonkers, hazaeds, tail lights or reverse lights, makes runs into town a bit tricky sometimes.

Hi All,

Just started keeping an eye on economy of my D40 STX that i bought about 6 months ago. First readings are average consumption of 11.74L/100K's which i think is ok compared to the other car in the family a nissan pulsar average of 10.07L/100K's.

I have heard a few friends having something called a diesel purge done on a service and that has helped with economy, anyone else had this done?

10.07 out of a Pulsar, holy crap my mum would kill me if her Pulsar was giving her figures like that. Nav's reasonable though.

If you check out the Pajero Forum you will see some owners of the current model Challenger complaining about high fuel consumption figures which don't come close to the "official" figures. Again there seems to be a big variation between vehicles.

2.5litre diesels too.

Last edited:
"Official" figures are figures made on a computer in a lab based on theoretical values, the fact that so many people claim they can't attain these figures just proves that the figures are done purely as a marketing ploy and not the level base numbers originally used to give buyers a base line to compare cars.

Engine : ZD30DDT
Auto or Manual : Manual
Rough guess on weight : 2100 atleast

68L used and 700km's covered, 68/700 =0.971....... x100

works out roughly to 9.71L per 100km's.

just done the egr/butterfly mod and this is was its first run with brisbane driving and hiway!!

pretty happy with that!!

Bryan

I just filled with shell this week and went down south coast. Got a measly 560 kms. Pissed off

Put another tank of that Vortex stuff through my ute the other day, still not noticing any major differences.

Fatboy, does your ZD30 blow anymore smoke with BP diesel ?

My mates YD25 is smoking a fair bit.

Last time I ran BP fuel, thought the turbo was going to blow.

Latest posts

Back