Fridge and hardlid...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mozza

Reaction score
G'day fellas.

Just a quick one. Am looking into getting a fridge for my ute so I can start doing some trips am at the point where it looks like I've gotta buy a canopy as well, and ditch the hardlid.
Has anyone been able to get a reasonably sized fridge under a hardlid or is a canopy a must for it? If you did, what was it, what did you do?

Cheers

Moz.

you could fit a 80 or 100l waeco under there. they are flat and spread out as opposed to being tall. i have a 60l waeco and there is no way it would fit without a canopy. i would have got the 80l but according to the specs the 60l is the most efficient... i'm not sure on engels but i think they are all fairly tall. the other option may be evakool as they are fairly flat too, it just depends how much other stuff you want to fit in your tub

UTE Fridge

Hey Mozza, checkout Norcoast refrigeration (trailblazer fridges). They make ute specific fridges and are one of the best around. 3 inch or 5 inch insulation and extremely power efficient. There only downside is that they are bulky, but that's due to the fact that they are made to be efficient with the amount of insulation. Check out their website for all the details.

I had a hard lid and could not even fit a decent esky in it . And I now have an Evacool 35L and a canopy ! No chance if it fitting with the hard lid :)
\

I had a hard lid and could only fit a 35litre, JUST!
Canopy now, plenty of space for the 40 litre engel

I've been wondering that myself, I have a 40litre Waeco, Would love a hard lid but the fridge won't fit in then, maybe time to upgrade fridges...

Mate I bought a 47l evakool (fibreglass) fridge. It fitted after I lifted the whole lid 30mm, with alloy box section. Wasn't too bad but used a fair bit of room at the tailgate end of the tray. I now have a canopy with side lift window on the left for the fridge. Much easier. I'd highly recommend those Trail Blazer fridges though, a mate has a 70l in his poootrol. It's a serious fridge but the freezer is at the bottom though. But they will make them to custom dementions, in fact even down to what colours or alloy patterns you want. May cost a bit more, but won't find one like it on a store shelf. Good luck.

I have the same problem with my engel fridge but i am going to recess a box in the tray and drop the fridge about 120mm so it will fit... will be a xmas holiday project I think

Latest posts

Back