Fraser Trip in December

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
qqc d22 said:
Yeah houses suck. well not totally but yeah. you cant move camp you drive ip the beach and have to drive all the way back to go to your house. camping you can drive to where you like and setup there keep driving in the morning. thats what i found anyways

That's the idea :)

The Qld guys will probably laugh at me, but worth a mention if you have not already researched and read about it, but in recent years there's been Croc Sighting reports on the Western side of Fraser's Is too.

Was looking at a trip up there a couple of years ago and a Mate who lived at Maryborough said to be weary on the western side near creeks. Thought he was having a go at me, then I read the reports about Fraser and Maryborough River sightings, now there are warnings Qld Parks Web Page for the Western Side of Fraser.

Sounds nice but I'm really keen on camping. I
Love camping and relaxing. Spewing that fires aren't allowed but ahwell. Gas cooker will do.

They might change the fire ban as it moves into summer cause it rains pretty much everyday over there in Dec-Feb, some of the campgrounds have established fireplaces to IIRC.

They might change the fire ban as it moves into summer cause it rains pretty much everyday over there in Dec-Feb, some of the campgrounds have established fireplaces to IIRC.

Yeah up at waddy point there is a couple fire places but it's not the same

unlikely they will drop fire ban it has stood for a bloody long time, If you have seen how much ground fuel is up the top end of the island it probably isn't a terrible idea as much as it sucks.
Thats probably the only good thing about a house you can sorta cheat some of them have fire bbq's so you can have a fire to have a bbq :/ well not really but you can get away with it
Crocodiles bahahahaha, sorry but yeah.

Getting closer now! Picked up my new beach rod. And ordered a fresh new filled tackle box. Heading upto wisemans this weekend to get a bit of wakeboarding and fishing in.

It is, very excited! my car is about 90% there. navara is a silver single cab... well it will have a fiberglass canopy like the arb ones will a bunch of mods, so it looks big. Might see you guys.
staying around ngkala rocks, indian head region, yet to finalise.

Ill be staying up there hopefully on the first 2 nights.
Then working my way back down

Getting closer now! Picked up my new beach rod. And ordered a fresh new filled tackle box. Heading upto wisemans this weekend to get a bit of wakeboarding and fishing in.

I have a few mates that own houses at walkers beach up on the River Road, next beach up from Torrens. Great part of the world. Love the river prawns not big but very tasty mmmmmmmmmmmmm river prawns......

You've probably said it but what dates are you heading over there? I'm thinking of going for a trip over there between new years and christmas

I'm sure ill see you buzzing past. Kinda hard to miss your truck! Ill be running the 33's before I go so ill be the real slow Nav. Unless I can eat my chip in before I leave.

Last edited:
I've got a set of 32" mtz's at home but two are almost slick and one is brand new. So I'd be running two 50% tread and two 100% so I though fark it ill buy a pretty new set of BFG Muddies in 285/75/16.
Are you running a chip in yours?

Mabye after the SAS. I'm not to worried about power, I'll just change the gearing to make it go a bit better

Yeah I'm not too worried but at this stage when fully loaded it almost needs redline to overtake period. Sand might be a hassle

Bump for anymore info anyone has, best fishing spots? Any preferred bait or lures? Taking a few Halco twistys and il use pillies while I'm there also.

Last edited:
call me crazy but i'll be in there the big blue, i'll let you know whats out there ;)
will make some good shark footage on the gopro.

Back