fix positive camber mid nth coast D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldGreg

Reaction score
Hi all, I have an 08 D40 with 2 inch climax lift with the old positive camber problem. Can anyone tell me who I should see to fix this problem in the Taree area. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum.
You can do it a few ways,
1) Probably cheapest) off set caster bushes form "super pro" you can buy them from heaps of places from "Bursons" to "Repco" and you will also find them on Ebay.
I had those installed when i had my lift done on my Spain Built D40. You should be looking at around $350 supplied and fitted.

2) new adjustable upper control arms, and there are more then a few of companies making those including "Super Pro" and "PRG" and you will be looking at around $700 just for the arms not including install.

3) also you can have a standard set altered where the ball joint is located by the guys at "Seldom Seen Engineering" in Picton NSW, they do an exchange system for around $400 (not inc install) from memory.

Last edited:
Thanks for that nathand22, I will be going with the off set castor bushes. Once I buy them I guess any suspension place can do the fitting and alignment. Thanks again for the help

g'day nathand22, super pro bushes have been purchased, being fitted Monday (beaurepairs taree), thanks for your help pointing me in the right direction. you seem to be a wealth of knowledge on the navaras. cheers

I got the bushes ordered in from supercheap at taree as they are an agent for superpro for 170. burson wanted 180 and cleavers tyres another agent wanted 185. beaurepairs have quoted around 300 to fit them and for an alignment. the recommended time for the job is around 2 hours a side apparently. my car is going to be this blokes guinea pig as he hasn't done the job before so he is allowing around an hour and a half each side. he seems ok and no-one else around here seems to have done the job before so im jumping in the deep end

That seems fair,
I just checked out my invoice from when my suspension was done, and i was charged $350, sorry i noticed i told you $250 in my first reply, I changed that just now.

yeh mark at beaurepairs seems like a fair kind of bloke. he has written off half his day to play around with it and get it right as he is interested in the job himself. if all goes well there is somewhere for others in the taree area to get the job done if required.

yeh mark at beaurepairs seems like a fair kind of bloke. he has written off half his day to play around with it and get it right as he is interested in the job himself. if all goes well there is somewhere for others in the taree area to get the job done if required.

If he has any questions (which i doubt he will) if he rings "The Ultimate Suspension Company" and speaks with Brendan they have done loads of them and im sure he will be more then happy to pass on info in regards to the set up.
As i said, i doubt he will its a pretty straight forward job, the only real pain from what i was told was they really ned to do two wheel alignments, the first one after the initial install just gives them a gage as to how far they need to rotate the bushes to get the alignment in the zone.

I will let him know about them on Monday, i'm sure he will be happy to be pointed in the right direction.

In that case here are some numbers for him,
ph) 02 9618 7674
m) 0419 017 308
fax) 02 9605 9396

I will let him know about them on Monday, I am sure he will be happy to be pointed in the right direction

not sure what happened then, I just posted the same thing twice. I am still a punter at this forum stuff. thanks for those numbers.

g'day all, job's been done. bushes have been fitted but still a bit of positive camber. much better now though. I should have cut out the middle man and purchased the adjustable uca pair. this will come when the finance minister allows. tyre rotation is the key for now which has to be done anyway. at least an end is in sight.

I would of thought you should of been able to get it with at-least zero, did they say if they got the off set spun all the way to the maximum rotation??

im due for another alignment so i will see what mine is then.

he said he got about half a degree out it. he also said he spoke to fulcrum and the ultimate suspension mob, i'm not a mechanics armpit hair so he was speaking a bit of greek to me. I may have to spend a weekend at the folks in Sydney and go and see the ultimate suspension blokes.

maybe give them a call and ask what they normally expect to get out of them when they install them.
You may of ended up with more lift then me, hence why yours still has a slight postive camber issue?? maybe.

Like i said i m due for a alignment before the muster so i will see what mine is and get back to you.

sounds like a good plan. i'm not in any desperate rush, like I said they are a lot better now. I shall chat to you soon. cheers.

Back