Fitting recovery points D40 Navara Spanish ST 2014

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupotty

Reaction score
Hi everyone, before I go taking off bolts on the chassis does anyone know if the recovery point holes on the front of a D40 Spanish built 2014 model ST are threaded?

Have bought Road Safe recovery points the nuts on the wire have plates that do not fit anywhere through the chassis holes. I understand the left side is threaded but is the right side threaded too?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any suggestions for rear recovery points? I cannot fit a tow bar due to size of garage! Most local suppliers say nothing made for the rear use a tow bar!

Yeah mate there threaded
Well they are on my 2012 Spanish d40
I did have to get longer bolts though.
If you do need longer bolts make sure there high tensile.

Last edited:
Thanks mate much appreciated did not want to go undoing bolts then find a nut was turning inside the chassis and cant get to it.

Will let you know once fitted as if that's the case should be a quick fit.

Threaded both sides. I have the same recovery points, the longer bolts supplied in the box were good for me

Like mentioned above, if you need to buy longer bolts, make sure they are high tensile.

Any suggestions for rear recovery points? I cannot fit a tow bar due to size of garage! Most local suppliers say nothing made for the rear use a tow bar!

if you were to fit a tow bar for rear recovery you could always leave out the tounge that holds the ball? The towbar sits just inside the line under the rear bar and then grab yourself a tow bar revovery hitch to put in when your out wheeling

Well much easier than expected, put a washer on each bolt fitted in about 20 minutes...

Yep thanks manning thought of fitting a tow bar without the ball/hitch etc but $610 fitted and would never use making an expensive recovery point. Short term solution is a bridle or equalization strap attached to each side of the chassis.

Attachments

• 20150710_151043.jpg
    20150710_151043.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 350
I put mine facing the other way, so the bit hanging down is facing the inside.

Which way is the correct way?

grab yourself a tow bar revovery hitch to put in when your out wheeling

I have one of these. Never bothered to remove it until I needed to tow a trailer. Big mistake. It was so freaking stuck in there! Took around 20 mins and a lot of hitting it from all angles to loosen it up. It's amazing how much crap buildings up inside of the hitch!!

I have one of these. Never bothered to remove it until I needed to tow a trailer. Big mistake. It was so freaking stuck in there! Took around 20 mins and a lot of hitting it from all angles to loosen it up. It's amazing how much crap buildings up inside of the hitch!!
That and not wanting to run the risk of the tongue getting nicked or cracking shins on it is why I leave mine in the tub until I need to use it.

Haha. . Not saying your wrong or stupid.. theres a nut and bolt on the underside to stop any tounge and ball movement.. little loosen on that mighy of helped..
but back to the recovery hitch - i think the tow bar was gone against because of room in his garage. Extra length and he wouldn't be able to shut door. . Right?

Well much easier than expected, put a washer on each bolt fitted in about 20 minutes...

Yep thanks manning thought of fitting a tow bar without the ball/hitch etc but $610 fitted and would never use making an expensive recovery point. Short term solution is a bridle or equalization strap attached to each side of the chassis.

i recon you would get a second hand one for $200-$300.
i got my arb one second hand for $350 and re-spayed it.

Back