Decent Sydney area Navara mechanic/garage sought...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpash

Reaction score
Can any Aussie members recommend a decent Sydney area garage or mechanic? My missus and I will be arriving from the UK for a 6 month trip around Aus in Jan/Feb, having shipped our Navara ahead in a shared container. Our 2019 NP300 Spanish built Navara AT32 Off Roader will need a (sensor and airbag compliant) bull bar and lights fitted, along with rated recovery points, as well as a UHF radio and sundry other work. Here in the UK bull bars are effectively illegal but necessary for Aussie outback travel. The idea is to get all the required work arranged in advance so as not to spend valuable and relatively limited travel time seeking suppliers, garages, and mechanics but to arrive, get it done, and set off. Any recommendations would be very gratefully received. Many thanks.

Hey Cpash,
You are best off taking it to a dedicated 4wd store like ARB, TJM, or Ironman for most of that gear, they install in-house.
I am sure they could organise the Airbag and Sensor compliance with a local if they don't do it themselves.

Good luck.

Hey Cpash,
You are best off taking it to a dedicated 4wd store like ARB, TJM, or Ironman for most of that gear, they install in-house.
I am sure they could organise the Airbag and Sensor compliance with a local if they don't do it themselves.

Good luck.
Hi Big Nate. Thanks for that. I am hoping, though, that someone will tell me that such-and-such a guy (or girl) is their go-to for everything to do with their precious Navara, and they wouldn't trust anyone else to do the work. I'm looking at ARB and Ironman, but hadn't heard of TJM so that'll be my next bit of research...
I appreciate your taking the time to answer. All the best!

No worries mate.
I did misread your post. All of the major brand Bullbars for your model Nav should be airbag and sensor compliant. Chances are the independent mechanic will order the stuff from one of these companies, install it then possibly outsource the electrical work for lights, UHF.
Just keep in mind that you might lose some clearance which I think is more important if you are going off-road.
This is from my limited experience though. I am sure a few Nav owners on here have their go-to guy/girl for everything.

Last edited: