Fitting a 2014 VSK bullbar to a 2011 ST-X

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronomc

Reaction score
Hey guys hope this is the right category.

I have my eyes set on this 2014 VSK bullbar to fit onto my 2011 ST-X. From looking at bull bars on other D40s, it seems I've only seen this particular bullbar on STX-550 models. The bloke I'm purchasing it off has been great but very slow to reply to my messages regarding it.

I could only find a related thread from 2013, it mentioned that the V6 engine in the 550 model caused the chassis rails to be made deeper thus causing the bullbar to be incompatible. Can anyone confirm this? I have conflicting information from looking at similar bull bars from stores that state compatibility with both the ST-X and 550 models from 2010-15. If it only takes drilling a couple new bolt holes I'm happy with that.

I have attached a couple photos of the bullbar in question below. Thanks in advance

Screenshot_2022-10-27-16-40-33-627_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-27-16-40-29-909_com.facebook.katana.jpg
Screenshot_2022-10-27-16-40-24-568_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Part of the issue with this specific problem is that many of us only have one Navara and can't go out and measure both, but to provide an answer we make guesses based on what we know about the measurements of each (like the Thai builds have small variations up front compared to the Spanish cars etc). It means that providing you with an answer will influence your decision to buy or not, so there's a direct financial impact based on our response.

And if we're wrong - which we sometimes are - that's quite a negative impact. It's not something we like to see, we try to avoid it as best as we can.

This is also the sort of purchase that requires you to modify the car (cutting the front guard panels) prior to fitting, which means once you've started, there's no turning back and lifting the item into place only to find that the chassis rails are just a little bit out because of model variation makes the situation even worse.

Hopefully the seller can get you accurate measurements so you can get underneath and determine if it will fit first.

Latest posts

Back