Fitting 33" tyres Bible

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So from that I have read in here I am looking at at least a 2" body lift to fit 33's on my (at the moment) standard 2004 model d22?

Not long until I am up for a pair of tyres, and therefore want to do the lot at the same time and do it properly.

Have I got the gist of it?

Ok so I finally got some new tyres for the Navara and could not be happier ! I went with pos 20 8 inch wide 16 black dynamic steel wheels, wrapped in new mickey thompson 285/75/16 mtz's it looks so much tuffer now and and really happy with my choice . I thought that they would stick out a bit more then they do , but to my surprise only the side bitters hang out giving it that fatter stance I was after. image.jpg

At this stage no not really compared to 32s haven't driven it much as I have major scrubbing I'll try and fix that tomorrow I was sort of really wanting to keep the front mud flaps as iv seen it done before on the same setup find out tomorrow I guess

At this stage no not really compared to 32s haven't driven it much as I have major scrubbing I'll try and fix that tomorrow I was sort of really wanting to keep the front mud flaps as iv seen it done before on the same setup find out tomorrow I guess
Seen 305's on a d22 fella with a bloke that knows his stuff. A bit of minor trimming should be all you need.

yea on here now saving a couple of pics. ill just take it a bit at a time and see how much i need to cut. i thought really hard about 305s I'm glad i only went with the 285 cause most of the time i get away its beach driving, love to get away more then i do it mostly just sits at work.

Guards have now been trimmed,Mud flaps went back on, no rubbing or scrubbing now from what I can tell cut a fair bit out came up pretty neat and I'm pleased with the end result.image.jpg

Just had 265/75/R16's fitted but the spare won't fit back under.. Any tips?

mmm OK thanks, I haven't seen it yet, the tyre place where I am getting them put on just rang and said it won't fit. Will have to have a look myself. I have a trademate canopy on a 2007 D40 dual cab so maybe the canopy has something to do with it... Cheers

Ahh shite sorry mines a D22 but i couldn't imagine it being unable to fit them. Let us know how you go.

All good, not sure what they were on about by the time I got there to pick it up they had the spare in no worries.

Question gents,

How have you found running 33`s with no diff ratio change?? i`m getting ready to throw in a body lift and a set of 33`s but wont being doing diff ratio chnage for awhile. i have a D22 with a 2.5 engine.

Question gents,

How have you found running 33`s with no diff ratio change?? i`m getting ready to throw in a body lift and a set of 33`s but wont being doing diff ratio chnage for awhile. i have a D22 with a 2.5 engine.

Yer u will notice mate I'm not running a Chip anymore atm so the jump up was A little more then I thought it would be. off the mark is ok I guess but if I have to try any take off on a hill it hates it. I fitted a wind booster witch makes it feel a bit better. Really need more power or like u said change diff ratios. Even just a bit more boost would help. God they look tuff but lol

Yer u will notice mate I'm not running a Chip anymore atm so the jump up was A little more then I thought it would be. off the mark is ok I guess but if I have to try any take off on a hill it hates it. I fitted a wind booster witch makes it feel a bit better. Really need more power or like u said change diff ratios. Even just a bit more boost would help. God they look tuff but lol

Are you running an exhaust at all?? as after all that it would be my next mod. Do you think it would help much?

Latest posts

Back