Fitting 33" tyres Bible

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
adding a body lift wouldn't change stock bullbar Height

Right?

That's right. The bullbar is attached to the chassis. It will affect the gap between the bar and the body though, unless you redrill the mounts to raise it, otherwise it will be whatever the height of the body lift is away from the body...

Was chating to the 80 series guys at work (there's a few). One has just got 305/70r16s on his cruiser. Wondering if these would fit on my22. What oddest and width rims would I need. Have 2" body and soon will gave 2" suspension. Would look killer with a wide tyre

Just wondering has any body done this yet ? I have 2&2 and thinking about 305/70/16 on pos 20 any with pics would be appreciated

Am I right then in thinking that a 305/70/16 on a 8inch wide pos 20 won't hang out of my guards anymore the a 285/75/16 on a 8 inch wide 0 offset then ? Lol thinking km2s because that arnt so square around the edges less srubbing and cutting of the guards! but should look tuff as f@$k hopefully, but not looking to be cop bait

theoretically they should sit 10mm further inwards than the 285s on 0's.

let us know how it goes.

35" fitted
uploadfromtaptalk1389434515236.jpg

Considering 315's on my D40 at some point. I have 2" sus and 1" bl with shitloads of room left. Only thing i am thinking of is the strain on the rear diff etc....

I wouldnt worry about the rear it's the same as the titan the front diff wouldn't last the yanks bust them all the time that's why they titan swap em. nathand broke 2 just with 33's so that's got to tell you something, you would need new offset wheels to stop chassis rub and also a guard chop lot's of pain and heart ache. but good luck with what you do

i cut 25mm out of my guard so i could keep the mud flap on and my 285's miss it with 8mm to spare and also have chassis rub at full lock aswell and that's with +20 offset wheels, if i had my time again i would of got wheels between 0 to -10 offset to get them further away from the chassis.

Yeah im running 285's with zero scrubbing on +20's as well. Did a fair bit of piss farting around with the guards. Heaps of room now.

Theoretically, if i was going to go 315's, what offset would be ideal. And id obviously have to get some flares too.

zero offset would be best problem is finding a wheel you like with that offset could be hard but if that dosen't faze you then i think you can get dynamic wheels in zero offset, i had had AR polished pythons on my old d40 and they were -38 a bit too wide but looked nice had to cut 30mm out of the guard and remould the inner plastic shroud and no mud flap, but at least the tyres didn't rub on the chassis lol

My 33" spare is on a black dynamic. Im not into fancy aftermarket wheels. Sunny's style of wheel or factory, otherwise im not interested.

Hmmm, might think about it. Apart from the guard mods which are easy enough, i have to think of the other smaller things like shooting my fuel economy down a bit, its going to drive a fair bit shitter etc.

How did you go with that stuff?

i have an 06 zd30 d22 navara with a 2" tough dog suspension lift and a 2" zordo body lift.

i put 33's on the other day. summit mud dogs 285/75/16x8 +20 offset. tyres stick out of the guards probably 40mm, they also rubbed on the standard plastic front bumper, i upgraded to an xrox bumper so they dont hit anymore.

had to grind the front guards with an angle grinder and smash em in with a hammer. easy job, but if your not confident most mechanics will do this if you fairly cheap.

edit_previewphp_zpsa7f45883.jpg

20130531151437_zps4f6eb5f8.jpg

Hi mate very nice rig without being a smart ass are u sure those rims are a pos 20 they look really deep dish ? chasing some pos 20s for myself for some 33s but not if they hang out that much. Looks tuff as but

Hahaha for a second i thought you were telling him his rims were a POS (piece of shit) and that you were also chasing some POS's of your own until i realised you mean POSITIVE. Lol man im tired.....

Hahaha for a second i thought you were telling him his rims were a POS (piece of shit) and that you were also chasing some POS's of your own until i realised you mean POSITIVE. Lol man im tired.....

Nah mate I'm not that bad lol just don't look to be a +20 to me more like neg20

Back