fishing rod holder bullbar?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TUFFD40

Reaction score
hey guys was wondering does anyone here know where I can find a black fishing rod holder for my bull bar? cheers.

Fleabay and other sell them, try googling you'll get many responses from Fleabay to BCF as well as a collection of forum posts talking about their legalities.

I think you'll find any protrusion like bar mounted rod holders are also illegal in Vic but Vic Roads website will give you the exact answer.

in nsw as long as it doesn't protrude past bullbar its legal
i got a silver one from bcf and painted it black

i don't use them im any case . they f*ck your rods , i went from Melbourne to Townsville with 2 cheapies in one and they were near rooted by the time i got there , and i even had them wrapped in a rag where they sat into the holder , there's no way i would put an expensive rod in one , i now wrap them in an old beach towel and transport my surf rods in pvc tube

I rarely have my rods in holder when on road
I mainly use it when ime on the beach
It's easier than packing them up everytime you move and they keep reels out of sand when not in use

For several years there was a bunch of young guys, maybe still teenagers, pinching rods out of bullbar mounted rod holders when people stopped at the round about on Phillip Island. Tourist fisherman often drove around the island back to their camps etc with the rods on show and the pricks would hide in waiting at the first roundabout, they were quick and they sometimes missed getting the rod out cleanly but the bastards were good and ripped off a heap of dollars worth of rods before they were caught.

For the time it takes to pull a rod down and put it back together anything longer than an hour off the beach and not using the rod I just pull it down, two minutes either end of a fishing session doesn't make or break life. I don't even leave the rods in the back of the ute when I go down to the holiday house, everything of value comes out, not because it's a bad area, just because it's no good to me if some prick does decide to knock it off.

Latest posts

Back