fault code, what it mean

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connaught

Reaction score
ok got 2 faullt codes, one is pretty straight forward

p0238 turbo charger boost sensor circuit high,
goes with what Torque was seeing, boost going from +23 psi boost straight to _30 psi and back and forth, and crappy acceleration to go with it, but no power surging when readings where going nuts, it was sitting on the freeway at 120ks

still need to look at sensor and clean it, and change vacuum lines, but i am at heart expecting to have to buy a sensor

p3800 powertrain - no description, nothin with google, any ideas?????

P3800: everything I can see or read at short notice says OBD codes don't go that high, so it must be an internal error or something. Seems other forums have a similar idea, if the question gets answered at all! I would assume this particular error is possibly an internal ECU code that's being generated by some other fault, possibly either an intermittent fault or a voltage fluctuation on an input that's causing errors in the ECU.

I'd be taking a serious look at the ECU earth point. I'd also check all of the connections to the battery, check the fusible links on the battery positive and the connectors for the boost sensor. I'd also pop the MAFS out if you haven't done so recently and give that a squirt with electrical contact cleaner.

Ok might be from me connecting the dual battery lead up to the positive hopefully.

I am gonna look into the boost sensor tommorrow, the thing is a 2007 with 200k on it, I am sure its due for belts hoses and vacuum lines, so off to supercheap tommorrow for vacuum line and contact cleaner

i had this exact same problem a few months back after installing a K&N apollo

car was over boosting and lost all power, was getting up to 32psi

Cleaned the MAFS and fixed all my problems

well cleaned the boost sensor, (looked clean on inspection) and i cleaned the mafs, which surprised me by having a film of oil on it, i still have the stock air filter, and i replaced ALL the vacuum lines, even the little one to the boost sensor,

after a quick drive through suburbia i think i fixed something, don't know what but its better, the throttle response is better, torque is better and the boost is doing more what i would expect,and is a lot smoother when it comes on and doesn't have a noticeable ramping up effect any more

i am having a suspicion that there's been a problem here for a while that slowly crept up on me

as a side note the vacuum lines had deteriorated and where leaving dry black rubber all over my fingers, they seemed solid buuuuutt, 15 bucks for 3 meters of 6.5 mm vacuumn line at supercheap and a can of contact cleaner from work and lifes good

(only about 20cm of vacuum line left over for those that are interested)

lol tony i just put them on my spreadsheet to be changed every 5 years,

all this is good, we are planning to do Gibb River Road in September, would rather these problems now

fyi tony, i just did the vacuum lines on the left side of the engine, and the one that goes across the top, didn't even look at the lines on the right side

Thanks! I've yet to pick mine up, just too flat out at the moment. Hopefully have some for the weekend! I have tried some Liqui Moly diesel injector cleaner and driven about 30km - it's made a small change to the surging, but I want to see what it's doing by the weekend.

Latest posts

Back