Fan belt

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The serpintine belt has a tensioner near te altenator and the power steering has one near the pump itself.
Just loosen the front nut on the tensioner pulley and adjust them up until the belt is loose.

Do a search (or advanced search) for "serpentine belt" I'm sure Aussie did a write up on replacing the serpentine belt a while back.

Hi, I busted the belt tensioner when trying to loosen the main belt so I could replace the pulley on the alternator (127000k's) of my 2006 2.5TD dual cab D40. It was a classic case of a little bit of knowledge was dangerous.

Before I realised I simply had to release the nut on the front of the belt tensioner I manage to twist the locking rod nut so far that the rod snapped. I figure the best answer is to try and source a new one from a wreckers. But I would appreciate any advice. A part number (or numbers) might be handy to. The rod and the screw on piece are both stuffed. The tensioner itself is otherwise fine.

Cheers
Benso

Just a bit of info, I replaced my belt not long ago with a aftermarket one due to Nissan being closed at the weekend. It squealed like crazy under load and belt dressing only quietened it for a little while. Did everything known to man kind but couldn't shut it up. Replaced it with genuine Nissan one and problem gone. The Nissan one was cheaper than the aftermarket one!!

So fuel filters and belts are genuine only ... what is wrong with the aftermarket parts industry that they screw up so badly? It's not like Nissan make the bloody belts anyway, they just buy them from somewhere too.

Latest posts

Back