extended shackles

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pottsy1990

Reaction score
hey guys has anyone made there own extended shackles ? or got them somewhere cheap, if anyone has made them what materials were used and have you got a design drawing for sizes and other info,
thanks in advance

10mm flat bar bout 35mm wide cut it to length drill holes use high tensile bolts weld the head side in to reduce some play inless you want the extra flex job done. now with that said ten mm is over kill and also with that said just buy superior ones. Its bad enough to have them on a road going vechile as there illegal if they do let go you really dont want home made ones however unlikly it is. honestly buy new springs or get your current ones reset imo

Bought mine on ebay from "Just 4x4 Parts" included was extended shackles, the 8 poly bushes to suit and 2 poly bushes for the eye end at the front of the leaf springs. They are greaseable and cost $165 plus postage, gotta say I'm happy and now have new bushes too.

Bought mine on ebay from "Just 4x4 Parts" included was extended shackles, the 8 poly bushes to suit and 2 poly bushes for the eye end at the front of the leaf springs. They are greaseable and cost $165 plus postage, gotta say I'm happy and now have new bushes too.

Hey fourocker- how are these working out for you? I'm thinking of getting a set as they're still the same price.

Cheers

Like qqc D22 said.

I've travelled the extended shackle path and regretted it. Pinion vibrations, no real advantage in flex and they flog your springs. I ended up with heavy duty EFS springs, had them reset and then added an extra leaf. I carry approx 250kgs extra permanently so the ride isn't too harsh and loaded up in the bush they flex beautifully. IMO shackles are a cheap form of lift that you will eventually want to upgrade from, and will have to because your springs will start bending backwards.

Like qqc D22 said.

I've travelled the extended shackle path and regretted it. Pinion vibrations, no real advantage in flex and they flog your springs. I ended up with heavy duty EFS springs, had them reset and then added an extra leaf. I carry approx 250kgs extra permanently so the ride isn't too harsh and loaded up in the bush they flex beautifully. IMO shackles are a cheap form of lift that you will eventually want to upgrade from, and will have to because your springs will start bending backwards.

Yeah I think I spoke too soon- after reading a few of the threads on here and after reading your reply Turk i'll be staying way clear of extended shackles. I'll be going custom leaves instead when the need arises.

Cheers mate

I actually managed to rip the drivers side shackle mount of the chassis and crack the other side on my old roded. Was just lucky it let go on a round about not on the highway going round a corner :/ plated ot all up and put the superiour extendedshackles back in and never had a worry with that again but it certainly does flog out your leafs, if bent all the side keepers and then aloud them to pivot sideways. Did get really good flex out of after that but as i said above i wouldnt head down that path again

Hey fourocker- how are these working out for you? I'm thinking of getting a set as they're still the same price.

Cheers

They're going great, I needed a way to lift the rear end so I can tow my camper trailer level but I did get vibrations and have that pretty well sorted now.
The other posters are right though it's a quick cheap way, I simply didn't have the money for springs and my bushes needed replacement as well.
It got my issue sorted and I have no regrets, they're still working out well for me but they're not the ultimate way to go, I would love these in WITH high quality springs as well but I wouldn't be able to lift the front high enough to look right, they probably will be in the truck for a long time to come though.

Shackleplate2.jpg

I've got a spare set of snake racing extended shackles I'll sell for 150 plus posting if anyone is keen??

Bit of a Hi-jack hear but iv got a set of snake racing extended shackles hear that are not been used as I saw the light before I installed them and got new springs, But i was wondering if anyone knew weather I cn use the greaseable pins on my stock shackles?
Will they fit the bushes or will I need special ones? My bushes are reasonably new so I would like to aviode the hassle of spending MORE money! (Or spend that money on a bottle to enjoy around a nice camp fire!!!)

Latest posts

Back