Engine temp

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NavaraNavara

Reaction score
So what is max temp for the v9x stx 550 should be that tells cooling system is ok.

The outside temp here is around 38c.

And is it worth it to replace the original thermostat (89c) to a lower temp one like 76c? Would that helps keeps the engine in a safe temp?

Your coolant temp should sit somewhere in the low-to-mid 90s when it's not under too heavy a load. The glow plugs turn off at 85C, so you want it above that, but not above 100C for too long. I let mine (when towing, up hills) get to about 104 before I start changing down gears to reduce the strain.

The V9X should perform very similarly.

Your coolant temp should sit somewhere in the low-to-mid 90s when it's not under too heavy a load. The glow plugs turn off at 85C, so you want it above that, but not above 100C for too long. I let mine (when towing, up hills) get to about 104 before I start changing down gears to reduce the strain.

The V9X should perform very similarly.
Ok so in my area the mechanic advise is replace the original thermostat 89c to a new one with temp 76c? Is that ok?

That will cause the thermostat to open earlier. It's not going to do any damage to the engine, but I don't see the advantage in doing it.
Can you do me a favour pls?
Please check the australian version of the thermostat is it 89c or 76c. Or in other words; at what temperature does the fan go maximum in speed.

Last edited:
Yes it is correct, engine temp sensor reads the temp and pulse it to the ECU. but still there is thermostat i wonder what other function that could it do

Latest posts

Back