Engine Squeal When Aircon Starting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharks

Reaction score
I have an 08 d22. Occasionally (around once a week) I here a loud screeching when I flick the aircon on. This goes away in a matter of seconds. Any ideas?

I have an 08 d22. Occasionally (around once a week) I here a loud screeching when I flick the aircon on. This goes away in a matter of seconds. Any ideas?

Talk about hijacking thread,it will be loose or worn belt,if not that try idler pulley also once had screeching from the clutch on compressor fixed by spraying oil in it.Hugh

Welcome to the forum, I've moved the post into its own thread to make it easier for people to find the answer when searching.

I'd guess belt first too. Try checking the belt tension, and/or applying dri-lube to the belt.

It could be the compressor, or something wrong in the receiver/dryer. Always explore the cheap options first!

08 is getting on 5 years old now, I'd just replace all the belts, they're not too expensive...

Talk about hijacking thread,it will be loose or worn belt,if not that try idler pulley also once had screeching from the clutch on compressor fixed by spraying oil in it.Hugh
Hi. I get the squeal intermittently with aircond on. There are no specific conditions when it happens - under load etc. It is the belt running on the stopped compressor pulley. The pulley stops turning intermittently. The belts are all new and tight. I don't think it is a result of lose belts, which is the common remedy. Where exactly did you spray the oil? Did you actually 'spray' oil, or just such as WD40?

Welcome to the forum, I've moved the post into its own thread to make it easier for people to find the answer when searching.

I'd guess belt first too. Try checking the belt tension, and/or applying dri-lube to the belt.

It could be the compressor, or something wrong in the receiver/dryer. Always explore the cheap options first!
Sounds like a dry bearing -the squealing and intermittent seizing. Will wreck ur belt very quickly. The AC compressor is not turning when off.

Latest posts

Back