engine life

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fullhouse

Reaction score
hey guys and gals
found a navara i like but its got near 200K on the clock... should i steer clear?

Dave's got over 200K and I'm sure he isn't the only one who'd say that's fine providing all the other checks pan out ok.

Depends on the service history, how its been driven, if the turbo has always been given time to cool down, that sort of stuff, I personally would keep looking for that sort of mileage but I don't know it might be a good car.

I would be checking the service history, if all checks out i wouldnt steer clear because of the amount of km's it has, with regular servicing i dont see why most engines wont last. Just curious what year and engine it is?

Brett

my 04 str nav has done 210 000 k and has no signs of stopping yet? Check the service manuals, as long as a diesel has been regularly serviced and looked after it should do 500 000 no problems. Petrol another story. If the guy serviced his own car and only got it done properly every 2nd service ask him what he did every service. For the right price could be a good buy.

I have heard of the ZD30's getting over 400,000 and still going with regular servicing and a bit of TLC.

Brett

What he said.

I have heard of a D22 ZD30 with 500,000km's on the clock with the original donk.

A 2000 model GU ZD30 that was traded at 500,000km's. Towed a 3T trailer all of its life.

That info came off www.patrol4x4.com

The guys that posted the info are TD42 nuts, so I cant see them bullshitting.

Latest posts

Back