engel issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thermistor is like a resistor that changes resisting value based on temperature. If a thermistor fails, the voltage returned will be wrong - so the circuit looking at the output will think the temperature is something else (and perhaps out of range).

Thermistors generally cost under a buck. Figuring out that the thermistor needs replacing and then replacing it could cost you a hundred times that.

Tony you are the font of all knowledge!! Bloody amazing.

So this fridge is humming and working on both 12 and 240 now. I was doing some tests tonight and see that it runs aprox 30% of the time, its a cool night tonight so that seems ok, and when it runs it draws about 4.5 amps. I estimate it to be about 38l fridge. I'm curious to know how this compares to others fridges.

So this fridge is humming and working on both 12 and 240 now. I was doing some tests tonight and see that it runs aprox 30% of the time, its a cool night tonight so that seems ok, and when it runs it draws about 4.5 amps. I estimate it to be about 38l fridge. I'm curious to know how this compares to others fridges.

It's a bit late to do that now, and I lose my Nav tomorrow for its 40,000km service (yep, just over 12 months old).

However, I recall my 60L chest model drawing about 1.5A or so. I usually have mine set on '2', and mine's the old circuit - no temp sensor in it. I'll try to remember to test this on the weekend.

My Evakool uses a Danfoss compressor and draws about the same 4-5 Amps.

I have a 40 litre Engel I purchased a year or so ago.
It draws 2.5 amps when it is running.
I have the 2 zone adapter for it which turns it into a 60 litre.
I' am more than happy with it.
Bill

Re kindle an old thread. Just bought a secondhand Engle. Im wanting to know if when plugging the 12v cigar end into power does your LED light turn green on the cigar end regardless if it is being plugged into the fridge?

Cheers

Wow that's an old thread but yes the green led means the circuit is normal if for some reason the polarity was reversed the led will show nothing.
HJ

Latest posts

Back