EGR/Butterfly Mod Super Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blocking the EGR won't increase the amount of vibration made by the engine. It's a diesel, it's going to shake the shit out of everything anyway. Handy if you recycle toilet paper, not so handy if you're having to replace fragile pipes. Have heard of a couple of Navara owners with cracked EGR tubes, but I'm pretty sure those ones cracked on the exhaust side, not the intake side (it's hotter over there, so the metal is treated even worse).

Personally I wouldn't worry. Mine's been blocked for ages now - I did mine before the car saw 27,000km and she's done nearly 126,000km now and still purrs.

Who makes the blanking plates? I'm after one please and postage to Central Coast 2262 - or pick up if close enough. Please inbox. Thanks :)

Guys just need one advice on this. I changed the vacum leads.
The lead that joins to the back butterfly.
That has been spazzing out on me and causibg my idle to run like shit!
Any way to fix this...want to completly disconect it

the swirl butterfly? just disconnect it.
not sure why it would upset your idle unless the vac hoses are not on correctly.

Im guessing thats what it is...so its ok to disconect?
I was watching it today everytime it would open close on idle the care would idle terrrible

Interesting. Its idleing the best it has on ages. Disconected it and yep...bingo idles perfect!

Cheers

Sigh....i give up with my ute.
I shall investigate. Cheers tweak'e.

Whats the best way to get it cleaned? or does this mean the manifold has to come off??

Last edited:
take the manifold of, clean itf and very carefully scrape out the ports in the head.
check the intake for objects.
got a pic somewhere of someone finding a glowplug seal stuck in the manifold.

Just did the mod. Just checking the vac lines remove both from the top egr (black) solenoid, connect T to the top of the green solenoid with the two lines coming from the egr/shutdown butterfly/actuator, bottom of the shutoff (green) solenoid to the T on the swirl (red) solenoid, disconnect the swirl (red) solenoid?

Also, before the mod and even after there is a pffffft/ soft air popping sorta sound coming from the egr/shutoff butterfly on shutdown. Before shutdown it would sort of go "pop pop pffft" as it shutdown at idle now is quiter and not as drawn out. Mechanic said its ok last service, but just wondering am I paranoid is this normal? Do yours' do this on shutdown? I just dont't remember noticing/ didn't take notice of this on other Navs I've been in before I owned one!

Ps. Posted this in the other EGR 3.0l thread too sorry for double up didn't know which one the guys who know this mod well were following

I'm wanting to do this mod . Just got my ute . 2008 STR-R/cr 2.5ltr TD not sure what engine type I've got ? I'm going to get the blanking plate off ebay $10 do I get the one with the 10mm hole in it or the solid one (no hole ) from what I've read the hole is just to help the ecu not throw an engine code light ?? Any helps appreciated . Long list of mods coming up .

I've got these on order already.
Snorkel
Turbo timer
Reverse cam
Front nudge bar
45cm LED Bar
EGR mod
Catch can
EGT gauge /boost gauge
Boost controller .

Cheers ;)

Hey mate, this thread is referring to the zd30. No butterfly on your 2.5 ,just get the plate with no hole you wont get any engine lights on yours.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back