Eds

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickyb9999

Reaction score
Ect = engine coolant temp sensor, can some one tell what's the highest temp the navara d40 st should get to before I have to start worrying, also

Maf = mass airflow sensor, what should I be looking out for here? Thanks

The ECU (engine control unit) will bring the cooling system full on (thermal fan as well) at 105C. It will shut the air conditioning system down when the temperature is high enough to start being a danger - I'm not sure on the actual temperature, I'd imagine around 120C or so. I try to stop mine from exceeding 105C, and have used several different techniques to do this, including slowing down, changing down gears, turning off the air conditioning and turning on the heat full to the windscreen with the windows wide open.

The MAFS is a delicate device. Clean it by spraying in the little hole with electrical contact cleaner (and NOTHING else). If you suspect that it's not reading properly, you could try borrowing one. The only consistent reading I can offer you to check for is the air temperature (which this measures). If you have a snorkel, get the car up to 90km/h or more (not in a school zone) and the MAFS temp should be fairly close to ambient.

Tony, went to Stockton beach the other day. I deflated tyres to what I thought was 20, later only to find out they were on 25 psi, kwiki deflator must of been broken. Travelled the whole length of the beach approx 50km/h, very cut up soft sand. As I approached the wreck notice ect temp was on 115. Stopped the car immediately, coolant started pissing out the over flow valve. Immediately, I turned car back on, turned off ac and put heater on full, plus opened hood, veh cooled right down within no time. Experimented on the drive back using tips from yourself and others. Kept revs at 2,000 rpm sat on 40 in deep sand temp dint go above 89. When I hit the firm sand put into 3rd, keeping revs at 2,000 again was able to achieve temps lower than 90. Notice on the trip back the car did not use boost, obviously because revs were maintained, is this how the temps are able to be kept to a min?

It does depend on what you're doing with it and the condition of the components.

I use an app called Torque (Google Play Store) and I have set my coolant alarm at 104C to give me plenty of warning.

Latest posts

Back