Easy access constant 12V??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooxie

Reaction score
Hi All,

In the middle of installing a couple mods to my Nav... just installed a Bogaard turbo timer, easier thing I've ever done on a car!

Decided I'd add a central locking kit and as my Nav is too old by 20 days for a Nissan kit, I've got a generic one from a local auto shop.

All seems simple enough, however I'm not sure where to tap into a constant 12V supply on the drivers side. I had a bit of a hunt and couldn't find any threads. Before I go chopping wires looking for it... does anyone have a suggestion for an easily accessible constant 12V wire I can tap on the drivers side?

One of the ignition feed wires will have constant 12v, I'd guess that would be the easiest to get to...

I had mine installed by an auto elec, he put the control box in the kick panel on the drivers side under the fuse panel so I guess he just pulled a power from the back of the fuse box.

Cheers guys,
I was hunting around and couldn't pick a wire! None of the red wires I could test without cutting were constant... saw something about a black/yellow wire, but the source was sketchy!
I figured there must be something in the ignition loom, just didn't wanna go splicing randomly! Also wasn't sure if splicing the ignition loom was the best option!
There seems to be plenty of room under the plastic panels near the fuse box etc... figured I'd find somewhere to mount the central locking and turbo timer control boxes.

Thanks 04SilverSTR, if you get the chance to post a happy snap, would be much appreciated!

I've got my turbo timer and immobiliser both hooked up to the ignition wiring, but I can't remember what the colours were... I thought there was a solid red wire that was constant feed, unless it was white with a red stripe.

Cheers everyone, turns out it was white with a red stripe. Once I figured that out, I taped into the turbo timer loom so that I didn't have to splice the original wiring. All working! Now I've just got to track down an easy place to splice the hazard lights!

Another couple of easy ones to get to for constant 12v power is the UHF wiring as well as the memory wire for the stereo and the memory wire for the boost gauge.

Latest posts

Back