Dum question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rain will enter the snorkel, but due to the nature of the airbox, water won't be able to make it into the engine. Yours may be quite similar to my D40's air path - air travels down the snorkel, in through the guard and into a box with several turns that encourage water to stick to the sides, then into a chamber with the air filter above, allowing gravity to help. You'll find a small hole in the bottom of the air filter box that allows water to escape.

The only time you might have an issue (and this is specific to D22s - owners have reported this before) is when hitting deep puddles at speed (deep - 300mm or more, speed = 20km/h or more). Enough water can be splashed up into the join between the snorkel and the airbox that it encourages the airbox to suck in a large amount of water which the bends and gravity can't help with. The fix: seal up this joint properly!

It's not a dumb question at all - it's good to be concerned for the welfare of your equipment!

thank you it only seems like rain water . Would enter scoop at top haha its all down hill from there . rain is little here but when it does rain it hard. Thanks for help.

Living in the tropics I have thought that to. I remember driving through a full on downpour, pull into my garage and straight away popped the top off the Air Cleaner and looked under filter very little sign of water. So you'll be fine.

There is no such thing as a dumb question, only enlightenment :)

Latest posts

Back