dual batteries stock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay

Reaction score
i just got my navara and noticed ithad dual batteries stock. It is a brand new '09 model d22 and was just wondering why they have put dual batteries in it? I know why people do put dual batteries in. Juts wondering why nissan would put them in as stock. I can see no reason for the extra power of 2 batteries. BTW I'm not complaining just curious

Jay

Hey Jay,

I've no idea as to why they have gone up in amp hours but the 09's are also equipped with 90 amp alternators whereas the older D22's have 60amp.

When speaking to an auto sparky the other day, he said the wiring can be modded to make the second battery a proper back up, but I'm guessing this would void your warranty if anything melts or smokes for any reason.

Maybe they were working towards a most excellent static balance :no:

Cheers,

DJ

F.Y.I D40 has a 100amp alternator.

Fairly pointlless if both batteries are for starting and not isolated from each other.
Changing the stero won't effect the warranty on the diff for example. but if it causes the truck to catch on fire then you won't be covered.

fairly crap one as my horn makes the lights dim at night, lol

running a dual air horn though, but still.

Take it to an auto elec and ask him to check the current draw of the horns?

I'd also get him to take a look inside the cells of your battery, and do the hydrometer test on it. Good chance that your alternator is also fighting the battery - depends what kind of shaking your battery's had (shaking could cause deposits to come loose and fall to the bottom of the battery which then shorts the cells).

Cheers
Tony

old tony, battery is only a year old and has only been roughish offroading twice.

pro nav, thats when driving normally that it dims, but also at idle.

will try look for the amp pull, but shouldnt be that much for a compressor that is 2/3 the size of a coke can.

Latest posts

Back