dpf light on, and no power

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich64

Reaction score
Hi all, I hooked up the caravan yesterday and took off, after about 20k's of driving, the DPF light came on, as I have a DPF delete pipe I ignored it and kept going. Shortly after this I experienced an almost total loss of power, I was down to 60 kph. I decided to turn around and try to limp back to where I left from as it's reasonably remote. About half way back the check engine light came on, however the power began to return, and by the time I got back the power was totally restored and the DPF light had gone out.

I decided to call the RAA to get it checked out, a scan revealed the fault ( turbo boost sensor LOW) he turned off the light and I decided to continue the trip, the car went fine and we stopped for the night after about 200 km.

This morning we got going again and again and after about 20 km the DPF light came on again, and I kept driving for another 30'k's or so, when we lost power again, as we had just passed through a town and the next 1 was over 100k's away, I decided to turn round, and by the time I got back the 10k's the power had come back but the DPF light was still on but no check engine light this time.

I decided to resume the trip, and the DPF light soon sent out, I stopped for fuel about 300k's later and travelled another 150k's after that with no issues at all. I have no idea what could be going on, FYI the car is a 2007 D40 STX auto with a Chip It chip DPF delete pipe and EGR block off, it has 116000 k's on the clock and until this episode has performed flawlessly.

Has anyone any ideas or experienced anything like this ??????

Last edited:
This is the third recent instance of this (or similar) in this forum.

In the other instances - one was blowing clouds of white smoke and just needed a good run at 80km/h+ for a solid 15 minutes. The other was a limp mode without smoke like yours, and seemed to be a dirty exhaust sensor, which would be the first thing I'd look at in yours.

Thanks Tony, I'll have a look at it, are we talking about 1 of the sensors in the DPF substitute pipe? or another somewhere else? and there was no excessive smoke and fuel consumption for the run was good.

I have this problem all the time the my DPF light come on weekly but still drives normally I just ignore this light now as it makes no difference to the performance of my d40
Cheers Aaron

I make my own dpf delete pipes and have never come across this issue?? But I also go right from the base of cat not the next join!

Latest posts

Back