Dp chips who's got what?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gleno

Reaction score
Hi all, am doing a bit of research into these chips as there's a few on the market so the best way is to find out from others and their recommendations

don't waste your money on a DP chip, I read of so many people who get like only a few HP gain.

Stick with the good brands like steinbauer, Chip it and Unichip.

I got a great improvement out of my DP. 2010 d22. Went from stock 93kw to 109kw. Installed by Gympie diesel and dyno.

did you get a dyno report? 93kw stock seems way to high, 2.5 stock is about 65kw at the wheels.

I disagree 180degrees. I have a DP chip and am very happy with it. To suggest that DP Chips are not a good brand based on heresay is a bit rich. IMO DP chips (just like steinbauer) are one of the original chip manufacturers. I am not saying some newer brands (like chip-it or unichip) aren't great but the oldies are definately still good.

2.5 have 98kw stock, being from the maufacturer this is probably at the engine and not at the wheels, I'm running a steinbauer chip thats programmed to suit my 3" exhaust and the power gains were great.... I had them both installed at the same time tho so don't no just how much difference chip and exhaust made individually

I disagree 180degrees. I have a DP chip and am very happy with it. To suggest that DP Chips are not a good brand based on heresay is a bit rich. IMO DP chips (just like steinbauer) are one of the original chip manufacturers. I am not saying some newer brands (like chip-it or unichip) aren't great but the oldies are definately still good.

I have read mostly bad stuff about DP chips on 4x4 forums so thats what I base my opinions on not hearsay from a mates dads uncle whos friend had one, researched it pretty extensively for my last D22 (a 2.5) and found alot of unhappy customers.

If I was going to buy a chip it would probably be Unichip though.

Sounds like hearsay to me!

I have NOT 'read mostly bad stuff' about DP chips and I actually own one and have a mate with one too. We have both had good experiences with them on ZD30 engines.

I can't compare them to other chips because I have not used them myself. To do so would probably be nothing more than encouraging hearsay!

:love sign:

I have read mostly bad stuff about DP chips on 4x4 forums so thats what I base my opinions on not hearsay from a mates dads uncle whos friend had one, researched it pretty extensively for my last D22 (a 2.5) and found alot of unhappy customers.

If I was going to buy a chip it would probably be Unichip though.

I have a Tunit which are supossed to be the same as DP and am happy with it. Cost $40 to get it reprogrammed once i'd done a few mods.

The only thing i think you can vary on the ZD30 is the spill gate so Unichip and Chipit are probably overkill on those motors.

My 2cents.

Sounds like hearsay to me!

I have NOT 'read mostly bad stuff' about DP chips and I actually own one and have a mate with one too. We have both had good experiences with them on ZD30 engines.

I can't compare them to other chips because I have not used them myself. To do so would probably be nothing more than encouraging hearsay!
Fair enough as long as its working well for you thats the main thing I guess.

i put a Taipan 3" exhaust and Taipan chip in my 06 D22 - awesome results! had previously put a snorkel on to help air into engine - if you want maximum value exhaust and snorkel are a must. fitted it all with help from a mate, then did same to his '12 Patrol. chip was just plug-n-play, once i found the plug was very easy! from memory around $3k for chip + exhaust from melbourne 4x4 show, genuine snorkel about $200-$250 from nizzbits.com.au
Very Happy!

I guess you can compare it to if you are buying a new lawnmower 9 out of 10 will buy a victa cause the dad grandad and next door have had one for ever however do some research you will find good and bad for anything i have two close friends with the 2.5 have fiited this chip they both were unhappy and eventually got their $1500 back with a struggle.now they now use another chip on stock exhaust with much better returns 30%increase as opposed to the 8% that chip returned keep doing your homework talk to a long term mechanic with 20years exp fitting chips ect there is alot of huge gains possible with this motor start with exhaust and dump as it was explained to me the standard exhaust is like trying to fart with your finger up your arse crude as it sounds start with this then add chip egr mod increase boost to safe levels my 2010 2.5 has gone from 67kw at the rear to 111kw with better economy just keep doing your research before outlaying big$

Ive got the DP chip for my 06 ZD30 D22. Its great. Dont have an after market exhaust yet. Ive been all over: Vic high country, NSW high country, Fraser Island and all up and back from the ACT. Fully loaded the truck pulls like a champ on the black top and tracks. No issues here.

This might be a bit late, but I have a Rapid chip in mine with a 2.5" exhaust. Installed by Bob Hawkins in Townsville. Can't remember exact dyno results but I think I went from about 63RWKw to about 87RWKw. Good increase in torque as well. EGT sits on about 240-270deg c when towing. This chip can't be adjusted by the user though.

This must be a bit more of that hear say. I have two mates both running DP chips one on a prado the other on a 2.5 D40 and both said they couldn't feel any gains. I had my 4.2l patrol turbo fitted by berrima diesels who make the DP chips and even back then they played on the conservative side, and they will tell you that. Nothing wrong with that but if you want high end performance see Someone else. Some are just more willing to take it further than others. DP want your engine to run with no problem or comebacks to them while other manufactures don't care as much.

Last edited:
pretty sure DP up the rail pressure on the CR chips, purely for that reason I would never try one, to much risk.

How do ChipIt do it. Are they the same setup as the DP. What's the concern with raising the pressure in the rail anyway.

How do ChipIt do it. Are they the same setup as the DP. What's the concern with raising the pressure in the rail anyway.

raising fuel rail pressure IS dangerous
it may work fine for a while but when an injector fails you are in for a very expensive repair ($1200 each injector,6k for fuel pump,14k crate engine)
possibly even new engine

an injector extend chip doesnt raise fuel rail pressure(steinbaer ect,ect)
it extends the time the injector is open
the gains are similar but its a hell of a lot safer and cheaper in the long run

yea what he said ^ you still need an EGT gauge and better exhaust though but the steinbauer backs off I think its 1% every second if the accelerator is flat to the floor.

I think its just up to the consumer to do their research, if you trust chip it to buy you a new engine when it kills yours (lol like thats going to happen) or if you rate your chances high that nissan will replace it then go for it but nissan will smell a rat when you come in with a dead engine at like 50000km

Latest posts

Back