Dobinson Lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys been following this post, i wonna just go crazy with my suspention and money is no problem i have about 3,000 to spend, i just want a suspention setup that will give me more than 2inch and still give me a smooth ride. people say that 3 inch becomes uncomfortable??? can any1 help ?

D22 or D40?

Total amount of lift would influence body roll and pitch. Comfort would depend on your point of view IMO.

i dont really want body lift i have never seen the point of it? but i think im going to go to tjm and just get the best of the best the last thing i want is to spend big bucks only to have the suspension not perform to a high standard. a body lift does sound good though bigger tires is always better

Hey mate have you managed to get the Dobinson kit on yet?

Thoughts so far?

Hey I have got the kit got here in 4 days but haven't had it fitted yet. Meant to go in next Thursday but now due to my car being a prick it doesn't want to start! Goes Ito mechanic Monday so hopefully it's fixed so I can get it to opposite lock by Thursday *fingers crossed*

Just thought id post up a pic of the kit.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 177
Ok so the lift is now in as of yesterday.
And what a difference! I ended up getting 3 inches worth of lift from what it was due to the fact that the original stuff was that rooted!
The ride quality is ten times better than what it was.
Spent 3 hours last night getting her nice and dirty. Will post up some pics soon.
The only thing, the blokes that installed recommended getting new greasable shackles as the ones that came with the kit were made of "thin" metal as they said. I dont know if they are just having me on or what...?

And what a difference! I ended up getting 3 inches worth of lift from what it was due to the fact that the original stuff was that rooted!
Spent 3 hours last night getting her nice and dirty. Will post up some pics soon.
The only thing, the blokes that installed recommended getting new greasable shackles as the ones that came with the kit were made of "thin" metal as they said. I dont know if they are just having me on or what...?

Have a chat with Zordo i've spoken to him about EFS kits and he mentioned something similar about dumping the EFS shackles and pins and using Ironman ones i think he said cause they're heaps better.

You just made my choice between EFS and Dobinson a lot harder with the report. Thanks for posting up the results.

Theres nothing wrong with those shackles, though i believe the ironman shackles are a little thicker then most. The EFS/Dobinson ones are plenty thick enough to offer enough stabilty. You could make them in 10mm plate but it isn't needed.

Last edited:

Hey mate.

Hows the lift going? I'm considering using Dobinsons leafs. How do you find the flex out of them compared to standard? and also what ones did you go with, the 200kg or the lighter ones again?

Last question, what height did you end up with in the back? did they sag much.

Any feed back would be great

Cheers

Pete

Hey mate.

Hows the lift going? I'm considering using Dobinsons leafs. How do you find the flex out of them compared to standard? and also what ones did you go with, the 200kg or the lighter ones again?

Last question, what height did you end up with in the back? did they sag much.

Any feed back would be great

Cheers

Pete

I had the full dobinson kit installed 3 weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to get offroad yet so can't answer the flex question.

But I went the comfort springs in the back whether they're 150kg or 200kg I don't know. But the before measurement from ground to flare was 885mm and afterwards it was 915mm. This was on a 7 month old D22. If you were after more height then you'd probably want to go the HD leaf springs.

I wanted a nicer ride though as I the only time I carry stuff in the back is when I go camping.

I had the full dobinson kit installed 3 weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to get offroad yet so can't answer the flex question.

But I went the comfort springs in the back whether they're 150kg or 200kg I don't know. But the before measurement from ground to flare was 885mm and afterwards it was 915mm. This was on a 7 month old D22. If you were after more height then you'd probably want to go the HD leaf springs.

I wanted a nicer ride though as I the only time I carry stuff in the back is when I go camping.

Hey mate, thanks for your reply.

Im the same, dont carry stuff all weight in the back so want the comfort.

I notice one of my rear standard springs is sagging a little lower then the other, so im thinking of replacing them for this reason. Not so much looking for a big lift as i dont want to wind up the torsions bars too much at the front and loose down travel. 40mm lift would be ideal i think for my needs.

Should allow me to fit the 16x8 p20 rims instead of the 16x7 also and not scrub so bad.

Pete

Latest posts

Back