DIY roof console

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got the sheeting on the console done, what a PITA, when the glue dries I will cut out for the speaker hole, UHF and the interior light then look at covering it

IMG_0409.sized.jpg

Nearly ready for covering, just need to tidy it up like punching the staples down and a little body filler here and there, also where the ply curves behind the light I want to get that curve sitting a little better, If anyone is going to do one similar make sure you leave the area where the light goes a little flatter than mine as the light sits with a bit of a gap, the upholstery padding should close up most of it but if it was flat it would be better

IMG_0410.sized.jpg

I will also be interested to see the progress of this. I'm considering putting a shelf across the width of the roof line which will mount cb's and probably other general crap but as yet haven't decided whether to just buy one or spend the time making one

Project stalled as i have had a heep of other stuff on. Looking at selling the Nav maybe in the next few months as I may be getting a cheep lux, that way we will be able to sell the missus mazda 6 and buy a near new pathy. So if that goes ahead I may sell the console but I'll keep you posted. In the meantime I will endevour at least to finish it off but may not install it.

The one I am looking at is an early 90's SR5 dual cab, with solid front end, and when I say cheep it may with any luck be free, I will just need to RWC and rego it. I'm not one for looking the gift horse in the mouth.

did you end up selling the console mate?

i'd be keen to buy it off ya if you've still got it!

Yeh I can't see pics either. I got lazy and bought my self an outback console. Going to install it at some stage, the installation seems not to hard, I'm just sceptical about wiring the uhf from under my seat, up the roof console. hate pulling off trims etc (Always have a habbit of breaking something :(

Latest posts

Back