Diesel Tank Front Cracked

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynnefraser

Reaction score
Out driving today in the bush south of Melbourne around Healesville, and hit a rock that looking back at I probably shouldn't have. But the rock must've got hit up and has out a 10mm crack in the front of the diesel tank which is now leaking constantly. Hit right on the bottom of the silver "guard" that did very little to help.

Any ideas on how to fix this or what I need to do? Still have 3/4 of a tank full and thinking there won't be much left by morning sadly. Out at lilydale if that's of any help...

had the same thing happen to me, get yourself an electric soldering iron there worth about 10$ and i used a little bit of the plastic cut off one of the mounts from the silver thing stick it in the hole and use the soldering iron to seal it in there, essentially plastic welding it shut saves buying a new fuel tank. leave it for a few days and do any areas slightly leaking, good as new

Plastic tank, might be excuse to get larger tank depending on price of replacement. Know of a place in the western suburbs that's wrecks Navaras so will call them tomorrow. Otherwise maybe an Ironman 150l tank instead. Though maybe Repco/Supercheap have something to plug it.

Already own a couple of soldering irons but not too keen in putting one near any diesel, the hole is constantly leaking. Be too scared it could spark.

It's easy to say because I,m here and not there, but diesel is very different to petrol. I was told by a bloke on the railways they used to weld the diesel tanks with fuel in them

supercheap has plastic tank repair kit. id try that for now then look at wreckers. the silver guard is a heat shield for the exhaust not a stone guard...

you can weld fuel tanks with an open flame as long as there is enough fuel inside to cover the hole as there in no oxygen present which means there is no explosion point , using an electric soldering iron there is no flash point and it is the easiest/best way to do it without spending lots of money trust me i priced it, and those stupid patch kits dont work the will leak within a day apsolute biggest waste off money, only good if your stuck in the middle of the bush.

Latest posts

Back