Desperate D40 problem after service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate thats common with D40's as the front should of came with a decent bash plate from the factory.

What above said to.

Was intrigued to know how that worked out. Glad to see u get a good result. Your truck has 9 lives. Buy a lottery ticket!!!!!

I've just read this thread and discovered that my private message solution to you (sent about 15-20mins ago) has already been done (ie clean the MAF sensor first, before buying one).

The MAFS is expensive, so if yours is working again, it's absolutely worth getting one - but you don't have to bust a nut doing it. PM Nizzbits and get one through him, Nissan want too much for it.

Just a quick up date, the mechanic reckoned he could get a mafs for 250, so as it hadnt turned up yet I took the car running the old mafs and whilst the car ran reasonable power wise the air noise of sucking and blowing left me scratching my head.
Took it back this morning saying something isnt right. He has received the new mafs and installed and the noise went away.
My conclusion is never mess with the mafs, happy days are here again. Thanks again

i bet thats a relief kyle. thanks for keeping us all updated, i have learnt some more about the nav from this thread, not that is much consolation for you.
after i spoke to you on the phone the other day i was hoping for your son that you guys didnt have to spend any more cash, but like you say dont mess with the MAFS. its good to know that a bit of a clean and that may get you home a bit better then in limp mode. might put some MAFS cleaner in the tool kit just incase.
all the best. nathan

remember readn some other thread mentioned cleaning mafs, was it electrical contact cleaner for the job?

Pulled mine yesterday and cleaned it. It was black with what looked like soot!
Haven't really noticed much difference in the performance today but will see
if there is a change in economy this tank of fuel.

I will be cleaning this regularly as I don't want it to die on me.

Regards Murph

Latest posts

Back