Damaged new car :(

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Converge

Reaction score
Hey,

I picked up my new Navara ST yesterday, so far I'm loving it :love sign:

Yesterday when I picked her up it was smashing down rain (Melbourne), so I wasn't able to properly inspect it.

Today when I went out to give her a wash and I noticed a small lump/dent on the back tailgate.

photojvl.jpg

Looks like whoever put in the tub-liner carelessly drilled in and dented the other side upon coming through.

I know it's doesn't seem like much to some, but I expect it to get a lot worse with a few washes (especially with a pressure washer), as I can already feel the rough edges of the cracked paint.

So naturally I called up the dealer, they put me on with the salesman and he told me to send pictures through (I did) and said he would call me back later that day, but surprise surprise, no call or text (I would go straight to the dealer if it wasn't 2 hours away).

I will try again tomorrow, but I just want to know, since I have taken delivery of the car, do they have the right NOT to fix it?

Mate you make such a big deal of something small that can be fixed pretty easy and on a white car it wont be noticeable. you bought a second and car you cant expect it to be perfect. i understand if you found a badly dented door or quarter or something along those lines. i do understand your worries because you seem like you have no idea how to fix it and think it s a huge deal. take the screw that caused the damage off, tap the dent back lightly with a hammer. crack the paint and go to repco or auto one they have coded bottles of touch up paint. get one of them and touch it up. it ll cost you alot less than driving 4 hours for no success

Mate you make such a big deal of something small that can be fixed pretty easy and on a white car it wont be noticeable. you bought a second and car you cant expect it to be perfect. i understand if you found a badly dented door or quarter or something along those lines. i do understand your worries because you seem like you have no idea how to fix it and think it s a huge deal. take the screw that caused the damage off, tap it back lightly with a hammer. crack the paint and go to repco or auto one they have coded bottles of touch up paint. get one of them and touch it up. it ll cost you alot less than driving 4 hours for no success

He said NEW Car.

Id be pissed off to.

You have every right to have that repaired to "as new" condition.

Don't back down to them.

I had a similar situation when I picked up my ST-X new last year. When I was traveling the 2.5 hrs there and was 15min out the salesman calls me to say he has found scratches on the hard lid paintwork. I was pissed but having driven 2.5 hrs with the trade-in I wasn't going to turn around. When I arrived the Navara was parked at the back of the lot backed up to another vehicle. This should have alerted me but it was late on a Friday and I wanted to get back on the freeway before weekend traffic. Anyway a quick inspection revealed 2 dents in the bonnet that hadn't been picked up in pre-delivery checks. Finding these coupled with the scratched hard-lid and the fact that they hadn't fitted the fog lights really pissed me off. I had detailed my mint condition V8 VE Calais V trade-in and had spent more time doing this than they had getting my new car ready. Anyway I got it written in the contract that they would repair the damaged items post delivery. Take the car home and the next day whilst washing it find a large dent in the rear chrome step which I hadn't picked up at the time of delivery. This is the reason they had parked it up against another vehicle when I went to pick it up. Anyway because I had taken delivery they refused to repair this stating that it wasn't there on delivery. After another 2.5 hrs trip to Sydney, whole day spent there whilst undertaking repairs I didn't feel too bad when they forgot to charge me for the $500 fog lights they fitted. Karma I thought.

It would sure ruin the new car excitement.

I can't imagine you should have any problems with the dealer. Good luck though.

I had a similar situation when I picked up my ST-X new last year. When I was traveling the 2.5 hrs there and was 15min out the salesman calls me to say he has found scratches on the hard lid paintwork. I was pissed but having driven 2.5 hrs with the trade-in I wasn't going to turn around. When I arrived the Navara was parked at the back of the lot backed up to another vehicle. This should have alerted me but it was late on a Friday and I wanted to get back on the freeway before weekend traffic. Anyway a quick inspection revealed 2 dents in the bonnet that hadn't been picked up in pre-delivery checks. Finding these coupled with the scratched hard-lid and the fact that they hadn't fitted the fog lights really pissed me off. I had detailed my mint condition V8 VE Calais V trade-in and had spent more time doing this than they had getting my new car ready. Anyway I got it written in the contract that they would repair the damaged items post delivery. Take the car home and the next day whilst washing it find a large dent in the rear chrome step which I hadn't picked up at the time of delivery. This is the reason they had parked it up against another vehicle when I went to pick it up. Anyway because I had taken delivery they refused to repair this stating that it wasn't there on delivery. After another 2.5 hrs trip to Sydney, whole day spent there whilst undertaking repairs I didn't feel too bad when they forgot to charge me for the $500 fog lights they fitted. Karma I thought.

Absolute f#%king dogs

White car or not touch up paint looks shithouse period. they should fix it mate if you can tell its from there apprentice jamming a drill bot or screw into from the inside when fitting the tub liner, well what more can you say. they cant really dispute it if its that obvious.

Thanks for the replies everyone,

Just got told the whole tailgate will be replaced as the paint is cracked.

Hopefully they don't damage anything else replacing it :/

i would have taken the tailgate off and smack them over the head with it, well not if it were mine, its all dinted and banged up already lol

Latest posts

Back