D40 ST-X on it's way

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eug

Reaction score
Hi all, just sign a contract on a 2007 D40 ST-X. I initially had my sights set on a Triton GLX-R, however after test driving the Navara I was blown away by it's road handling abilities. It feels good to be back in a Nissan after owning a Skyline for many years.

Hope to get more involved in the forum and start modding!! Are there any necessary 'must do' mods that need attention first?

I'm thinking:
- electric rust protection (any kits to recommend, Nissan tried to sell me some paint/rust protection package but I think I can get better elsewhere)
- 2" lift kit (but not sure how this will affect the current ride, as I quite like the road driving ability of the Navara)
- Spotties (any recommendations)

I'm located in Brisbane, Australia and hope to get out onto the islands quick smart!

Attachments

• 12DF4D3F2F644A8091D62D7D7316DDFD.jpg
    12DF4D3F2F644A8091D62D7D7316DDFD.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 32,724
  • DCBFB708C7E5431CB99B32DF698B8A7B.jpg
    DCBFB708C7E5431CB99B32DF698B8A7B.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 6B90EF212B684BF79D9F15E8D0BA161C.jpg
    6B90EF212B684BF79D9F15E8D0BA161C.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 47
  • C6C46BFD94E64EA3A7CFF60D9467F45A.jpg
    C6C46BFD94E64EA3A7CFF60D9467F45A.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 47
Hi Eug, welcome to the forum.

I have Couplertec on my truck, it rates pretty highly with BHP and the Surf life savers, comes with a 10 year written guarantee. Exhaust is always a good first mod too.

If you get the truck soon and you are free on 10/11 April we are heading up to Landcruiser Mountain Park for the weekend if you want to come.

Welcome to the forum!

I bought the Nissan electronic rust inhibitor, which is (I believe) a Couplertec. I got the IPF spotties which I can't complain about - plenty of light there - but more people swear by the Lightforce lights, it seems. And Lightforce come in various sizes, last I saw on the shelf were "Small", "Medium", "Large" and "Compensating for a lack in other areas".

You might consider a bullbar, steel if you want a winch or do country trips (alloy bars protect like cola cans).

As for the lift, I haven't done one, not really looking at doing it because I don't do that much serious off-roading, so I can't recommend any particular kit. I can recommend that you stay away from extending the shackles (for boring legal reasons).

Hi all,
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Jason: Appreciate the advice, I'll have a look into Couplertec. Don't think I'll touch the exhaust I've had my fair share of loud exhausts and always got pinged when I had the Skyline. How much of a gain are we looking here? Fuel consumption figures?

The Landcruiser Mountain Park sounds good, is it a difficult course?

Old.Tony: Thanks for confirming the Couplertec. I have a friend who also swears by Lightforce. A bullbar and winch is on the cards however I like the minimal look, wouldn't mind a conservative bar if they are available.

Has anyone had problems with the stock height on places like Fraser, Moreton and Straddy? Will I need bash plates for added peace of mind?

Cheers again
Eug

I might suggest that if you're beaching it, a steel bar is going to add nose weight and might hinder your movement on the sand. The alloy bar is much lighter and absolutely no protection at all, it's really quite weak in an impact, but it'll hold the lights up and that may be all you need.

The bash plate is a huge must if you are going to take it offroad, especially the beach. I have heard too many stories about bumping the bottom of the radiator and pushing it up into the fan. At about $400 (from TJM) they are cheap insurance.

Lancruiser park has all sorts of tracks from easy to extreme, so you can pretty much choose which you want to do, some of the harder sections have chicken tracks around them too.

:big_smile: As I've done next to none real 4WDing in our ST-R so far, that will be me you see clucking and pecking in the dirt on the "chicken tracks", hahahaha:big_smile: :big_smile:

Hoo Roo

Latest posts

Back