D40 ST steels rims ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDW

Reaction score
Having a lot of trouble finding steel rims (16x7) for my d40 st with more than 18mm offset. Due to vic laws 20mm is the lowest i can go . I've read through other threads and it seems people are running 16 or 18 offset , or have i missed something ?
Thanks in advance

Best looking at some 16 x7's off a Thia built RX D40 due to the offset differences. I have had a similar problems when looking for 16x8 steel rims form my ST. could only get 16x8 with a +20mm offset. The standard Thia built ST and RX D40's have a +45mm offset.

So you have +20mm offset 16x8 rims ? Maybe i should just go to 8's instead . Where did you get them ?

No I opted not to get them as my 33inch muddies sat too far outside the guards & would scrub on full lock. They were made by Dynamic Wheels.

I was able to get +30 offset in a steel rim, they make the car unroadworthy by 2.5mm a side, I regarded that small amount as an acceptable risk.

I was able to get +30 offset in a steel rim, they make the car unroadworthy by 2.5mm a side, I regarded that small amount as an acceptable risk.

Leprechaun,

was that a 16 x 8 +30mm offset in a Thia built D40? If so what was the brand and did you have 285/75/16'S/

Leprechaun,

was that a 16 x 8 +30mm offset in a Thia built D40? If so what was the brand and did you have 285/75/16'S/

No they were 16x7, I wouldn't run 285 on a D40 if your planing on any serious offroading as the front diff is too weak.

Really Leprechaun, I've been looking everywhere with no luck. +30 would be fine .
Were did you get them if you don't mind me asking , how much ?

Cheers

Really Leprechaun, I've been looking everywhere with no luck. +30 would be fine .
Were did you get them if you don't mind me asking , how much ?

Cheers

I bought them from Mansons Berwick for $120.

Mine are 4 sale, 4 NEW never driven on 16 x7 +30 Black King Wheels for $350.

No they were 16x7, I wouldn't run 285 on a D40 if your planing on any serious offroading as the front diff is too weak.

Cheers mate.

Have had the 285/75/16's for about 15,000kms h=and given the truck a fair hiding ...no concerns at the moment....only time will tell. Maybe the Thia diffs can hand more??

Cheers mate.

Have had the 285/75/16's for about 15,000kms h=and given the truck a fair hiding ...no concerns at the moment....only time will tell. Maybe the Thia diffs can hand more??
Nope they are just as weak, consider yourself lucky as I know of at least 2 other broken housing and my local dealer said they have replaced around 10 CV's.

Check out Woody's thread.

http://www.navara.asia/d40-drive-train/7699-oops-i-broke.html

Cheers mate.

NOPE. they are definately TOO weak.

My front diff exploded on the weekend. And that was with 32" maxis muddies on the standard navara alloy rims.

I managed to get a near new 2nd hand diff installed during the week, and i'm back on the road again.

Its official you can not buy steel rims for a thai d40 with a greater off set then 18mm. (16x7)
I have spoken to everyone, king, dynamic, ajax, etc etc. including most 4wd places.
What a pain in the ass
Just thought you would like to know.

Sucks, considering that ther a some many Thia Built D40's getting rounf now in the ST's, Rx's and all the King Kab variations.

Latest posts

Back