D40 Side steps. What will fit???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmyd

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me, will factory side steps from a 2011 STX fit a 2012 RX? I understand the STX is Spain built and the RX is Thai built, but wondering if the side steps differ??

Hope someone can answer this

The brackets that hold the steps on are bolted to the inside of the sill's, those bolts on mine are already on the car then the bracket slides over them and has a nut to hold them in place.
That is the part that i think the RX will be missing, so if you are willing to bolt the brackets on with something like a tech screw, then there is no reason why you cant make them fit.

I hope that makes sense. If you need some pics of the bolts im talking about let me know.

Here is a photo of the bolts that come out from behind the sill that hold the side step bracket.
This is what i think will be missing on the RX
347ddd4e.jpg

[/IMG]
0d8a7963.jpg

You may have the threaded holes already there, and you will just need to buy the bolts

Last edited:
G'day nathand22, thanks heaps for those photos. I just went and stuck my head under the ute and those bolts are already there on the inside of the sills. That's a bonus for me I guess. Fingers crossed all the side steps are the same.

Thanks again for all your help

Hello Tim, so did the spain built steps you had fir the thai built rx, I too have a thai built RX.

Sorry start again, did the spain side steps fit your car. I have the same car as yours and i have a fellow happy to give me his off his spanish built nav.

Latest posts

Back