D40 Fuel range while towing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 2012 D40 diesel manual and tow a 20 foot coromal van and get 18l/100 km if no headwind so 400 km range. For longer trips eg. around Oz carry 3 x 20 litre jerry cans and much more relaxed driving with that extra range.

This forum has always provided a wealth of useful information and is amazingly responsive, thank you.

I have a 2012 D40 diesel manual and tow a 20 foot coromal van and get 18l/100 km if no headwind so 400 km range. For longer trips eg. around Oz carry 3 x 20 litre jerry cans and much more relaxed driving with that extra range.

This forum has always provided a wealth of useful information and is amazingly responsive, thank you.

Despite our LongRanger tank (150L total) we're taking jerry cans this Christmas too, we want to leave Broken Hill, head to Menindee then on to Ivanhoe and then go south to Hay. We are hoping to refuel in BH and not refuel again until we're in Hay.

That should be 544km (give or take some reversing and maybe a trek to the shops) which is well within our nominal 800km range at 18LPHK (which we should achieve - the land is mostly level out there). But we don't know if we're going to have to slow to a crawl to deal with potholes or washouts, so I'll carry an extra 40L with us just to be on the safe side.

Praps you oughta have done a search and found hundreds of posts on fuel consumption under different scenarios.

My D40 2008 towing a jayco poptop with a basic load & 3 peeps aboard, averages 11-12l/100kms on good flat terrain (outback nsw). Drops to 9l/100kms if it gets a bit hilly (regional Vic). Not tried mountain climbing yet.
I think you are calculating it wrong, or I've got a dud. I get 12l/100km with no load, and 18 towing a tinny.

And most people are wy above the 10 to 12 mark when towing almost anthing. My 2011 does 9 to 10 on a flat road at 100 kmph with just me i it. 18 for a small caravan seems normal, the relplies here make me feel somewhat better at least.

Latest posts

Back