d40 dramaz

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jared balmer

Reaction score
Hi guys
i am having Dramaz with my 07 Spanish built D40 2.5 crd and hopping someone can help.
the throttle Cuts out every so often and im left at idle with no accelerator response at all the truck just sits at idle. if i hold the pedal down for 20 seconds or so, it bearly gets to 2000 rpm. no engine lights or codes pop up at all. so i turn the reds off and start it up and it drives fine and then does it again later on. i have done the computer reset thing but has not worked . it seems like its going into limp mode or some thing.
any ideas would be appreciated.
i have recently replaced new turbo ,glow plugs, throttle body and air flow meter.
Have the d40s had fly by wire problems with the peddle ? also the airbag light started flashing today...?

Hey mate, my d40 does the same thing sometimes... you push the accelerator and it has a massive delay before the engine responds.

Its due for its 30000km service just after Easter so I'm going to ask at Nissan and see what they say

Hi guys
i am having Dramaz with my 07 Spanish built D40 2.5 crd and hopping someone can help.
the throttle Cuts out every so often and im left at idle with no accelerator response at all the truck just sits at idle. if i hold the pedal down for 20 seconds or so, it bearly gets to 2000 rpm. no engine lights or codes pop up at all. so i turn the reds off and start it up and it drives fine and then does it again later on. i have done the computer reset thing but has not worked . it seems like its going into limp mode or some thing.
any ideas would be appreciated.
i have recently replaced new turbo ,glow plugs, throttle body and air flow meter.
Have the d40s had fly by wire problems with the peddle ? also the airbag light started flashing today...?

It could be overboosting, I'd check that as a start point, ie MAP sensor etc.

Where is the Maf sensor lolcated ? Picks would be helpful cheers . Mine is doing this same thing it's going back to Nissan today

Follow the pipe out of the airbox towards the engine, you'll see in the side of the pipe (on the back side facing the firewall) an electrical plug coming out of the pipe. Its got 2 Phillips head screws holding it in. Undo the screws and slide it out - give it a spray with some maf cleaner you can get from supercheap, let it dry (only takes a minute) and put it back together

Navdog, have a look at this photo (taken from the Fuel filter/sedimenter thread):

mini-DSCF15462.jpg

In the lower right of the picture is the air filter box. Coming out to our left as we view it is a smooth plastic pipe. The MAFS is in the REAR of that pipe (you can't clearly see it in this picture, but you can see the pipe it screws in to).

Then follow D40KC's instructions. Electrical contact cleaner also works. Just be careful with it. It's $400 from Nissan if you drop or break it.

Could be the begining of suction control valve problems.

yepp im going with either suction control valve issue or problem with the fuel rail/fuel rail sensor, very very common for this to happen here in nz, we have done heaps of them.

D40 Dramaz

Yep ! Changed the suction controll valve on the back of the pump and havent had any dramaz for weeks now . thanks for the info guys

Mine did the same thing a few years ago. no engine light or anything just limp mode... Nissan tried to blame water in fuel but no light came on so i said try again... they replaced the suction controle valve and hey presto, it wasnt fuel after all.. anyone know hown long a suction valve lasts or how much they cost and thw hard to replace... just thought it might be a good thing to carry as a spare when travelling as i guess nissan would only store them in spain as usual....

Bout $350 for the part. It's on the back of the pump.. Easy to replace

Latest posts

Back